• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Giant Microbes has Aquatics!

chriscoli

Administrator
If you are unfamiliar with Giant Microbes...they are stuffed animal versions of bacteria, protozoans, cells....and anything else small.

Well, since I have quite a collection of these toys in my living room, I was browsing their new holiday microbe Christmas tree ornaments today (with the limited edition gold amoeba!) and I noticed that they have a set of aquatic-themed animals as well.....I might have to get the algae and the paramecium!

http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/main/aquatics/

When my niece and nephew were small and learning to talk, they used to come over and play with my collection of stuffed microbes. They'd bring them up to me one by one, ask me what they were called and then run around the house yelling their name "SALMONELLA!!!!" "GIARDIA!!!" "E COLI!!!!"

Needless to say, I did not collect any of the STD giant microbes since it was not uncommon for one of the kids to say later on how much fun they had at their Aunt's house playing with her Salmonella.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
You're nuts, Chris.

I've seen her collection... she has like 30 of the things, lol.

gliebig

Members
I can picture some kid returning to school after Xmas break running around going "I got swine flu, I got swine flu!"

:p

mchambers

Former CCA member
I was particularly taken by the Red Tide, having seen that in Florida a few years back. Plus, it is a Christmassy color.

I agree with Tony on the nuts part.

mchambers

Former CCA member
On reflection, I should clarify. I meant you are nuts in a nice sort of way. (I'm guessing that Tony did, too.)

:)

chriscoli

Administrator
I can picture some kid returning to school after Xmas break running around going "I got swine flu, I got swine flu!"

:p

That's funny, because I did go to a scientific meeting for work and won a stuffed microbe. I posted to facebook that I had gone to the meeting and came home with Campylobacter.

On reflection, I should clarify. I meant you are nuts in a nice sort of way. (I'm guessing that Tony did, too.)

:)

Aaaaw, no clarification needed :) I figure that you all wouldn't reply to my posts at all if you didn't like me at least a little....sometimes....

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Those are great! I have two of their plush brain cells in my classroom to teach my students about thinking.