• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Getting ready

dogofwar

CCA Members
Other than a nice water change, anything else you do before being gone for a few days?

I used to worry about not feeding the fish for a few days. I actually think that a few days of eating less is good for them!

For fry or juvies, I usually drop of piece of Repashy gel food into the tank.

Matt

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Other than a nice water change, anything else you do before being gone for a few days?

I used to worry about not feeding the fish for a few days. I actually think that a few days of eating less is good for them!

For fry or juvies, I usually drop of piece of Repashy gel food into the tank.

Matt

I turn off the light timers and if winter time I also lower the room temp a couple degrees. I also turn off my dehumidifier so it won't over flow.
I give a good feeding the night before and a very light one in the am before I leave.
Nothing else.
Last year I probably lost a few fry when I was gone for 10 days. But only a very few.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The albinos are the most likely to have a problem. But usually minor

I am a little worried about some copadichromis virginalis fry this time. They were just released last night and I am leaving Monday morning. We will see.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Leffler817

CCA Members
Stupid question, but why did you cut off the end of your red hose? Is there something bad in/on the metal end of a garden hose?

dogofwar

CCA Members
I've never had issues with the metal on the hose.

I put together a PVC "U" with an on/off ball valve and screwed it onto the end of the garden hose that I use to refill tanks.

It hangs on the side of the tank (no clamp needed) and allows me to turn water off between tanks. I usually just kink the hose to turn the water off, though...

Matt

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The end got messed up. Had like knot show up about a foot in. The insides of the hose was coming apart and causing a reduced flow. The was costing me time. So cut off.

Leffler817

CCA Members
The end got messed up. Had like knot show up about a foot in. The insides of the hose was coming apart and causing a reduced flow. The was costing me time. So cut off.

Ah, see I just went to worst case scenario when I saw the cut hose. Lol