• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

German Blue Rams

Felipe Castellanos

CCA Members
I have 2 German blue rams in a community tank, and I was wondering what to feed them and if I have to feed them a different food from what I am feeding right now (TetraMin Tropical Flakes), I was also wondering how to keep them from eating the other fish's food and vice versa.

Thank You,
Felipe Castellanos

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Please just feed them a better quality flake. Many of our sponsors make and sell flakes that are much better.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Yes, you can feed it to everyone. Your Fish Stuff, Daves Rare Aquarium Fish, Kens Fish, Cobalt, and many others do a high quality flake. For those of us that keep bigger cichlids, we tend to use crumbles, pellets, or something larger, but a high quality flake is a good start. A tip: if you want to go pellet or crumble, buy yourself a pepper grinder and use it to grind the pellets into smaller pieces for your fish.

dogofwar

CCA Members
The rams should eat the same as the other fish - just make sure some sinks down to them.

You can always mix in some frozen worms or the like...

Matt

stany

CCA Members
Mine eat a quality flake and sinking pellet. They are not aggressive feeders so I usually feed flake on one side of the tank to distract tank mates then drop sinking pellets where the Rams are. They also go after the larger pieces of flake the smaller tank mates ignore.