• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Generator at a decent price

Spine

Members
I just came home from Home Depot. I noticed they had 5500watt generators marked down to $299. Thats not bad when you consider how much you've paid for your fish and don't have power,lol. Just a heads up if you are in the market for one.

chris_todd

Members
I just came home from Home Depot. I noticed they had 5500watt generators marked down to $299. Thats not bad when you consider how much you've paid for your fish and don't have power,lol. Just a heads up if you are in the market for one.

Hmmm, that's cheap enough to make me think about it. When the next massive solar flare hits in 2-3 years, and we're all out of power for a week or more, that thing would be worth its weight in gold. Assuming you had fuel on hand for it, LOL.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
When those big storms came through 5 or 6 years ago, I lost power for 4 days and swore it would never happen again. I went out and bought a generator, and have probably only had to use it 3 times since. Always nice to have it if you need it. Remember to go and start it every month or two so that you don't have an issue when you really need it.

lonlangione

Members
I have a generator for two reasons. Power to the fish and to keep my sump pump running if it is raining and the power gors off. A word of caution when using a generator. DO NOT use in under a porch attched to the house or sit it near a window even if the window is shut. If you use it under a porch, the carbon dioxide can go to the ceiling of the porch and seep into the house. Put it several feet away from the house when running it. NEVER run it in a garage or even in the house. Last month here in York a guy was working on his car in a detached garage. He had a generator running in the garage for electricty. His wife found him dead later that night. Just be careful.