Gardening?

chriscoli

Administrator
aaaaaaaaaaaah, my other hobby!

My garden's been going crazy! We just got new gutters, so I've got the rainbarrel hooked back up. Also, Bluestone Perennials is having a big sale, so I just ordered some more Campanula. Here's what my one Campanula in my yard looks like. Since the deer and bunnies didn't eat it much, I figure I'll get more.

IMG_2395.jpg

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Have shovel, will plant

I bought 7 fragrant rose varieties and 3 peonies yesterday for my Beautifying Urbania Guerilla Style (BUGS) program.

Poppies started blooming yesterday in my first project, an adopted plot in front of a semi-occupied 4 story apartment near Dupont Circle. The tenants don't know my name but they love the results. And I get free cut roses out of it for the womenfolk so it's all good.

Vos own humus , nos own nox noctis. (You own the dirt, we own the night.) - BUGS Motto

PS - Really now Francine, I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

mscichlid

Founder
_DSC5327.jpg

Front garden that I started 2 years ago. It will eventually be the white garden I invision. Snow storm damage.
_DSC5326.jpg

Sage and rosemary on side of house. Needs wacking again.

_DSC5324.jpg

Cherry tomatoes, peppers and catnip for Thomas.

_DSC5323.jpg

Shady holding garden. Hostas for white garden.

mscichlid

Founder
_DSC5321.jpg

Started to move plants around. Haven't finished creating bed to include the lilacs. Have to put on gutters to collect rainwater for watering.

_DSC5320.jpg

Grass I absconded. Need to put it in the ground somewhere that will keep it contained.

_DSC5319.jpg

Some of the four pots used to keep the 11' umbrella in place. Bought a new one and have to rebuild the stand/pot holder.

_DSC5317.jpg

Totally overgrown water pond. Have to thin it to add canna.

mscichlid

Founder
_DSC5315.jpg

Another pot.

_DSC5314.jpg

Chives, rosemary, sweet potatoe vine, dracena (sp)

_DSC5312.jpg

Succulents. Have to add some rocks and hens and chickens.

_DSC5310.jpg

Joe Pye weed and another pot with flame grass and swedish ivy.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
I don't see no fishes in those pictures...

I missed them, where do you see fishes? While we're at it, will post pictures and describe what I 'invision' tomorrow.

Isn't someone on this thread reputedly a schoolteacher?

:D

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Really nice space by the way. Love Joe Pye Weed, and its look alike, Ironweed. If I dig bluebells this summer will be sure to bring you a passel.