• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fuzzy white poop

Aqua410

Members
As seen in another thread my GT from BFD has been having some issues. I see quite a few fuzzy looking white droppings in my pre filters, substrate, and plants. What does this mean? He hasn't eaten since I got him so I guess it could be filter floss coming from my filters but it looks like poop covered in hazy white material.

Last edited:
The fuzzy white usually forms on food that's been sitting in the tank a few days. Since u have a pre filter the waste is not getting sucked up and might be forming mold. Did u actually see the poop white colored and fuzzy coming out of the fish? Unless u have fry I woils skip the pre filter

Aqua410

Members
Theres been no food left in the tank at all. The few times I have fed I have carefully removed the food with a net after he refused it. The prefilter is to keep the sand out of the filters. This fella is a prolific sand castle builder.