• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Young Teleogramma brichardi

Becca

Members
These are an interesting West African cichlid that evolved in the Congo rapids. They are attractive and expressive. Even as small fry, they are not at all shy.

I have (I think) 8 fry at about 1 inch.

$10 each

or

6 for $50

captmicha

Members
These are an interesting West African cichlid that evolved in the Congo rapids. They are attractive and expressive. Even as small fry, they are not at all shy.

I have (I think) 8 fry at about 1 inch.

$10 each

or

6 for $50
Can you sex them at this age? Very interested in a breeding group, if possible.

Could come to the meeting for them and white worms, if possible.

Text might be more direct 301-257-6479

Becca

Members
Can you sex them at this age? Very interested in a breeding group, if possible.

Could come to the meeting for them and white worms, if possible.

Nope, I can't. I just brought home some Teleocichla so I'm relying pretty heavily on the white worms right now. I'll see if I can put together a reasonable starter, but I"m not sure. I've been feeding out a lot of them this week.

Becca

Members
I'll take two, please. And a starter culture, if you can manage it. Small is ok.

We can talk if I end up doing a sales table at the next meeting. Two is probably a disaster waiting to happen and these fish do require some specialized care. I didn't nickname them "murder noodles" for nothing.

FishEggs

We can talk if I end up doing a sales table at the next meeting. Two is probably a disaster waiting to happen and these fish do require some specialized care. I didn't nickname them "murder noodles" for nothing.
Can confirm.

Freakgecko

Members
How do you think they would do with a group of adult syno petricola? Would they be egg/fry thieves? Planning on adding a vic species too. 50 breeder filled with rock work

Becca

Members
How do you think they would do with a group of adult syno petricola? Would they be egg/fry thieves? Planning on adding a vic species too. 50 breeder filled with rock work

I think if you keep them well fed they're unlikely to bother going for eggs in caves. I've housed them with Pelvicachromis pulcher and had them raise fry relatively out in the open. The fry were eventually eaten, but I honestly suspect that the Stomatepia pindu had more to do with it than these guys. They are horrendous to each other, so larger groups are generally better. You can expect to lose a few as they mature, particularly if you've got more than one male. As you've seen in my tank, I use strong current to keep them from being able to easily chase each other. An added bonus is that the females can perch atop a power head if they're sick of being pestered by the male.

captmicha

Members
I think if you keep them well fed they're unlikely to bother going for eggs in caves. I've housed them with Pelvicachromis pulcher and had them raise fry relatively out in the open. The fry were eventually eaten, but I honestly suspect that the Stomatepia pindu had more to do with it than these guys. They are horrendous to each other, so larger groups are generally better. You can expect to lose a few as they mature, particularly if you've got more than one male. As you've seen in my tank, I use strong current to keep them from being able to easily chase each other. An added bonus is that the females can perch atop a power head if they're sick of being pestered by the male.
So would you recommend 6 at the least?

Ideally, I'd like to order some more from another source for hopefully fresh genetics.

I knew they need fast water turbulence. What size tank would you recommend for a group of...? How much would you recommend at the least? Then I would add onto that, hopefully.

Becca

Members
So would you recommend 6 at the least?

Ideally, I'd like to order some more from another source for hopefully fresh genetics.

I knew they need fast water turbulence. What size tank would you recommend for a group of...? How much would you recommend at the least? Then I would add onto that, hopefully.

So, it actually turns out these guys are spoken for- someone is making good on an IOU.