• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS South American Eartheaters

Hicgup

Members
For sale is a Brand New condition hardcover of the out of Print South American Eartheaters for $800. shipped and insured. From what I have seen this is about $150 less than what most others are asking. This is the quintessential book for S.A. Geo lovers! Price is firm, but I am open to trades of EQUAL value.

S.A. Eartheaters.jpg

spazmattik

Members
i looked it up on amazon. apparently the book is worth as much as a used car. lol.

me personally? I will wait for the movie to come out!! ;)

dogofwar

CCA Members
It's a good book...out of print...and priced high on the Internet... but not some kind of unique tome of wisdom found nowhere else.

The parts on Gymnogeos are in fact pretty out of date / incorrect.

Matt

Hicgup

Members
Not a joke, but more of a can you believe it post. Of course the prices on Amazon, and what I posted here are what people are asking, NOT what somebody has paid. I've always believed that something is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it, and that can vary greatly! As mentioned above some of the text is now outdated, but the pictures are SUPERB, and the geographical, biotope information is just about priceless IMHO. And hey, don't rule out what some rich German or Japanese Geophile is willing to pay for this book. There is a reason why the saltwater dwarf angels that sell for $20,000 almost always go to Japan. Having said all that, do I ever expect somebody to pay $800 for the book, not really, but I am also not willing to part with it for even 8 times what I paid for it ($50.) I consider it a good addition to my fish book library, and by no means the most valuable book in my collection. It would be nice if Cichlid press did a second edition with updated info. If they do I'll buy a copy. And then list my two addition set for a couple grand LOL! :D