• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS Hemichromis cerasogaster

Hicgup

Members
Hemichromis cerasogaster juveniles; 1-1/4 to 1-3/4. These are F2, my parent pair (F1) trace back to Uli Schliewen, a leading ichthyologist in Munich, and his lab volunteer, Jakob Geck. Jakob had spawned the wild-caught breeders, and I was fortunate to get my pair from them through a researcher that travels to Europe quite a bit. You don't see these turn up for sale very often in the U.S., I think there are literally a handful of people (or less) currently in the U.S. working with them, and only a couple of breeding pairs at this time. If you are not familiar with this Jewel of a Jewel it is endemic to Lake Mai-N'dombe in the Democratic Republic of Congo, formerly known as Lake Leopold II. It is listed as endangered on the IUCN Red List. If you are interested in keeping and breeding a rare jewel pm me. Fish are located in Hampton, Va. for viewing in person or pickup by appointment or I can ship Fed Ex or USPS express at buyers expense (live delivery guaranteed) or priority no guarantee. I am too busy right now to take pictures of actual fish so please don't ask. I just wanted to give some local cichlid enthusiasts a chance to work with this fish. 6 fish for $50 plus shipping. Only two six packs available at this time. Serious inquiries only please.

Hicgup

Members
One six pack left. Unfortunately, way too busy these days to make a meeting.
NOTE, I live/work and fish are located in Hampton, Va. 23669 One six pack left if anyone wants to make a drive or pay for shipping. Also, I am shipping eight fish to the person who got the first six pack to cover any un-foreseen loss, and well just because I am such a nice guy. Truly the biggest reason is I want these fish to become a few breeder pairs to keep them available in the U.S. I say this because I think I have eight or nine fish for the last six pack, have to check just how many I have as I am keeping eight fish to be my next generation stock. So if a couple of the many people want to go together on getting the last pack, there may be eight or nine fish in the box so odds are still very good in getting multiple pairs.