• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS Hemichromis cerasogaster Fry

Hicgup

Members
I have some not so common in the U.S. Hemichromis cerasogaster fry for sale. These are F2, my parent pair (F1) trace back to Uli Schliewen, a leading ichthyologist in Munich, and his lab volunteer, Jakob Geck. Jakob had spawned the wild-caught breeders, and I was fortunate to get my pair from them through a researcher that travels to Europe quite a bit. You don't see these turn up for sale very often in the U.S., I think there are literally a handful of people (or less) currently in the U.S. working with them, and only a couple of breeding pairs at this time. If you are not familiar with this Jewel of a Jewel it is endemic to Lake Mai-N'dombe in the Democratic Republic of Congo, formerly known as Lake Leopold II. It is listed as ENDAGERED on the IUCN Red List.
I am going to cut loose 100 fry (currently ~ 1/2") this year-total. I do not have a lot of time, so I am looking to sell groups of fry and get these guys into other peoples hand/tanks. This is a great fish for anybody that wants to work with something different, for B.A.P.'s, anybody interested in West African Cichlids, conservation of rare/endangered fish etc. I do not have pictures at this time (too busy) and if you don't know what this fish looks like Google it. You are welcome to see them (and the F1 parents) in Hampton, VA. by appointment. I will ship fish anywhere in the U.S. at BUYERS expense and risk. I will entertain a group order/wholesale inquiry and to encourage that here are the prices:
6 fish for $50, 10 fish for $75, 15 fish for $105, 25 fish for $150, 50 fish for $250, 100 fish (ALL that I am going to release in 2015) for $350.00
To get the group price fish must all be delivered at one time in one box (I can bag them in different bags/groups in the box) or picked up in Hampton. I can accept Paypal from different people going together as a group, but you need to work it out on your end and include the group leaders name in the Paypal message. I will also accept Money orders, checks (given time to clear before shipment) and cash on delivery or p/u.
Questions, feel free to ask, I will gladly answer as quickly as I can. Steve

Hicgup

Members
I am but Steve can't make the meeting. And I'm not down for a drive or for paying shipping. I'm broke lol
Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Yeah, unfortunately I was committed to another fish meeting in Va. otherwise I'd love to bring the babies to the meet. There is a good chance I may need to drive up to Baltimore in the next four or five weeks, so for those interested I may be able to drop a box off somewhere in Maryland at no extra cost. :eek:

chriscoli

Administrator
Yeah, unfortunately I was committed to another fish meeting in Va. otherwise I'd love to bring the babies to the meet. There is a good chance I may need to drive up to Baltimore in the next four or five weeks, so for those interested I may be able to drop a box off somewhere in Maryland at no extra cost. :eek:

Ooooooooh!

Otherwise, if anyone is interested, let me know. I have a horrible time receiving fish shipments at my house and not at all at work, but I'm willing to cover shipping (if it's reasonable) if someone else can receive them safely.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app