• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Fish, pond plants

Becca

Members
HUGE water hyacinth - $4
Water lettuce - $2
Parrot's feather - $1
Anacharis/elodea - 3 for $1
Creeping Jenny - $3 per bag
Water Sprite - $3 per bag

Gold White Clouds - 6 for $12
White Clouds - 6 for $10
Vietnamese White Clouds - 6 for $15
Caridina cf. babaulti - 6 for $10 - some solid, some striped.

Group of 3 juvenile Teleogramma brichardi (1") - $30

Pick up in Damascus, MD.

Last edited:

Becca

Members
Do the white clouds cross breed?

Gold and standard are the same species. Vietnamese is a different species, so probably not.

They can be tough to tell apart when small - golds start out white as fry, turn brown, then fade to gold again as they get larger.

halak

Members
Bob Bock crossbred regular and vietnamese white clouds, but as far I can remember, the offspring were sterile.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Becca,

Save me some micagemmae, please. I can pick up over the holiday weekend, if that works. I'll take a dozen, if possible.

Blaise

Becca

Members
Becca,

Save me some micagemmae, please. I can pick up over the holiday weekend, if that works. I'll take a dozen, if possible.

Blaise

Blaise, I feel like you could probably have 3 dozen if you wanted them... The pond might be more fish than water these days.

Becca

Members
Bob Bock crossbred regular and vietnamese white clouds, but as far I can remember, the offspring were sterile.

So I tried to look into this last night and it seems like there are some reports of spawning but eggs not being fertile. I separate mine for spawning so that I know what is what, but the micagemmae have spent some time housed with the gold white clouds. The fry look distinctly different early on, similar for a few weeks, and then diverge in color again. I've not noticed them spawning and, honestly, the gold adults don't spend a lot of time with the micagemmae adults. My plain ol' white clouds are in a separate tub with some drapefin barbs. The golds spent some time in a separate tub as well because I wanted to ensure I got some fry out of them (their fry have an easier time getting eaten because of their color), but I did recently toss them in the big pond to throw some green neons out there.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Blaise, I feel like you could probably have 3 dozen if you wanted them... The pond might be more fish than water these days.

I do have a 140 gallon stock pond which seems to have eaten the dozen Desmopuntius hexazona I added earlier this month.... Haven't seen one in ages.

Blaise

Becca

Members
Bump. I'll be around today. Some of the hyacinth is close to flowering and there's loads of water lettuce still available.

Becca

Members
Bump!

I still have lots of everything and I'm changing this up a little.

Bring-your-own-bag - Fill a plastic grocery bag with water lettuce, creeping Jenny, hyacinth, water sprite, anacharis, and/or parrots' feather - $10 and I can almost guarantee you'll bring home some free fish eggs with it ;)

Also, I now have available:

- Danio Choprae (small) - 6 for $10
- Stomatepia pindu (1-1.5") - 6 for $25

FishEggs

Bump!

I still have lots of everything and I'm changing this up a little.

Bring-your-own-bag - Fill a plastic grocery bag with water lettuce, creeping Jenny, hyacinth, water sprite, anacharis, and/or parrots' feather - $10 and I can almost guarantee you'll bring home some free fish eggs with it ;)

Also, I now have available:

- Danio Choprae (small) - 6 for $10
- Stomatepia pindu (1-1.5") - 6 for $25

I'm never free Becca :p