• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Festae Pair

rich_one

Members
The most difficult sale ever for me. I am embracing the "Rich, you can't have EVERYTHING" factor. This is really my favorite cichlid, but I truly have to move on. The title says it all... pair of festae. They are not bonded. Both fish are in the 8" range. The male has superb spangling. This is a pic of the female when she was showing off a little one day. Again, not the best pic. $100 firm for the pair. Can bring to meeting.

-Rich

Female Festae.jpg

rich_one

Members
I'm not looking to trade because I kinda need the cash, but I never say never. Shoot me pm on what you are thinking. You never know. I'm not looking for anything specific that is jumping out to me as a trade target.

-Rich

rich_one

Members
Bump. I'm willing to budge on price a little, but unlike many fish I've put up on here, I am not going to give these away for free or for next to nothing. I'll end up figuring out a way to keep them first. So feel free to make reasonable offers. As far as trades, I guess you never know, but I truly cannot think of anything I'm interested in trading for right this moment. Thanks.

-Rich

spazmattik

Members
Just got rid of 8 fish in the big tank.. hmmm hahha. Are they pretty chill with tank mates? Looks like they are with smaller viejas.. or paratheraps... or paraneetropolus.. or whatever they are this week :p

rich_one

Members
I've been able to get by with them as decent tankmates, while separated. The female does not challenge my losellei, and the male does not challenge my larger vieja or even my bocourti or pearsi. But together? I would not recommend. If they decide to spawn, everybody else is going to die.

-Rich

spazmattik

Members
Yea i am getting rid of a couple trouble makers. I dont need to risk it :p gl with sale. Cant believe your getting rid of these guys.

rich_one

Members
I know. But I had a watershed moment yesterday and have decided it is time for me to move on from festae. This is a really nice pair. As far as lineage goes, I cannot say much. But I was texted about it, and honestly, I don't even think I answered that clearly, so I will clarify this as best I can here. I got these fish from tparker originally. The female was a part of a trio with another male and a female. But the two females oddly teamed up and killed the male, then behaved like a couple for quite some time. The male in this paring is from another pair I had acquired from tparker several months after the trio. He eventually killed the female he was originally with.

-Rich