• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS - custom acrylic 130 gallon tank

daninmd

Members
Pickup in Annapolis MD 21403

Up for sale is a custom made (not by me) tank that i bought used a few weeks ago. my plan was to convert this to a freshwater system and have it as a built into the wall tank. that 30" of depth would have been awesome for a mbuna tank! housing situation has changed so i have this for sale now.

the tank only has clear acrylic on the front face, the other sides are all white/opaque acrylic. the tank has a large side overflow box. there is a 8" long by 1" deep overflow weir on the side of the tank that drains into the side overflow. water then would drain into a stand pipe and go to a sump below the tank. i only have the tank for sale. really liked the dimensions of the tank, and the nice bracing on top that leaves it wide open. the 30" of depth was the main selling point to me. the front acrylic panel will need to be buffed to remove haze/scratches. doesnt look like any deep scratches, so buffing shouldnt be that bad, plus its only one side you have to do!

the outside tank dimensions are 48" wide, 30" deep, and 21" tall. (131 gallons based on outside dims) the front, side and rear panels are 1/2" thick. the top bracing is actually a double layer of 1/2", so a total of 1" of thickness. The bottom panel of the tank appears to be 1/4" inch
the overflow side box is 27.5" wide, 6.5" deep, and 18" tall (14 gallons based on outside dims). the front and two side panels are 1/2" and the bottom is 1" thick.

i had water sitting in the tank for two weeks with no leaks. pictures were taken when it was about half way done emptying.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Since the tank is only clear acrylic on one side, this would ideally be a built into the wall setup, or it could even be a nice large sump for a bigger system.

Asking $250, ALSO WILLING TO TRADE FOR GLASS 120 tank (4x2x2)

Please PM thru CCA, or you can text me at 813-841-5851

Pickup is in Annapolis, zip code 21403

20130410_174724.jpg

20130410_174733.jpg

20130410_174740.jpg

daninmd

Members
Very cool tank. Someone buy this and set it up!

yeah, really bummed i cant use it. it would be a GREAT looking tank if it was built into a wall. thought about building a custom stand, but you would really need to build cabinets or something on both sides to cover the white/opaque sides...hmmm....actually that doesnt sound too bad. put a canopy over the whole top, it would kind of look like a big entertainment center with the tank in the middle, lol.

the dimensions would make an incredible mbuna tank

jonclark96

Past CCA President
The dimensions make a good tank for New Worlds as well. Lots of footprint for independent territories.