• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS-Clearing out used canister filters, thermometers, gravel and rock

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
2- used Marineland canister filters-$25 ea. Both work very well but have dropped leaked on me before due to small sealing errors by me.
2- used thermo's . $5 ea1- 200W Ebola-jager, 1-300W Hager. Both work
1-5gallon bucket of lava rock. Make offer
2-5gallon buckets pea style gravel. Make offer
1-partial bag of brown gravel. $2
1-large rock. Make offer.
See attached pics.

IMG_2327.JPG

IMG_2332.JPG

IMG_2333.JPG

IMG_2334.JPG

IMG_2335.JPG

IMG_2337.JPG

IMG_2338.JPG

IMG_2339.JPG

IMG_2340.JPG

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
Not 100 percent sure. Sent both to Marineland and they serviced them free of charge. I have found that the rubber seal ring needs to be lubricated periodically and that the individual trays need to be reinstalled properly(tightly) with the indication arrows aligning and that the unit is primed exactly per the instructions after taking apart for cleaning. I have made errors with these. The filters are strong and work great, my only issue has been a drip leak sometimes when I have not performed the proper way after cleaning. My advice is if you will use these in nicely finished space(carpet, wood flooring) you run the chance of making an error like I have.

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
Southern Frederick County MD, 1 mile north of the Montgomery county line- pretty far from you if you are in Woodbridge(1 hour away without any traffic)