• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Cichlasoma, Hoplarchus, Festivums, and a Pike

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Hey guys
Im starting to get a little sick of being constantly bit by the cichlids in my stingray tank while I feed them. If you want to see pics, feel free to ask. The tank has allot of glare at this time but I can take some tonight.

Here's what i have for sale:

Pair of Festivums: 90% sure its a male and a female. They have never bred but one is a good bit bigger and has a slightly different body shape. They are both adults and around 4". Its hard to get a good size estimate but they shouldnt be much smaller, if anything they are closer to 5-6". $30 for the pair.

Pair of Cichlasoma Amazonarum: Got these guys in the rare auction. Jeff Rapps put them in as an M/F pair so I trust him and they are always dancing around. Very nippy towards people so if you are interested in hand feeding bottom dwellers with shrimp or fish, dont buy these fish! They will bite you or steal the shrimp. If you dont have to deal with this, they are great fish otherwise. They are a little smaller than the festivums. $25 for the pair

Big male Cichlasoma Dimerus. I got this guy as a tiny fella in an auction last year. Im 100% he is a male and a very nice one at that. Nice trailers and a whole lotta color for a Cichlasoma sp. Hes about 6-7". Looking for $15 for him.

Big Female Crenicichla Sveni: I had no idea what she was for the longest time. Got her for free as a mystery dwarf pike almost a year and a half ago and put her in my planted angelfish tank. That was a mistake. She had a crazy growth spurt and is now 8-9" and thick! Looking for $15 for her

4 Hoplarchus Psittacus: The big ticket item of this sale. I've had these guys for a year and they have grown very slow, maybe 4" in the past year. They are all about 7-8" and starting to get some nice blue coloring. Im in no real rush to sell them because while they are real pains in the but at feeding time, I dont think I will be able to afford a similar sized group for a while. Looking for $250 for the 4 of them. Im not interested in splitting the group up. Sorry for being stubborn about it, just want to make sure that I get what I payed for them.

Not really interested in trades but if you have some peacock bass, other middle dwelling large fish, or pond plants like water lillies that you would like to trade, I probably wont say no.

Thanks!

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Glws. I bet if you don't stick your hand in the tank, you won't get bit... :p
JK

Haha, I need to to hand feed the rays. Rachel (the new girl) gets outcompeted for food by the other two. Plus all those little fish would steal all the shrimp if i just drop it in.

Leffler817

CCA Members
I understand. I've been 'run' a few times while cleaning the tank. At least the fish aren't taking chunks of flesh with them to snack on. :confused0054:

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Haha, I need to to hand feed the rays. Rachel (the new girl) gets outcompeted for food by the other two. Plus all those little fish would steal all the shrimp if i just drop it in.

When my buddy used to have a ray in his tank, he had the same problem with the other fish out competing for food. He tried using clear tubing to target feed, but the bass followed the food to the bottom. He then switched to pvc tubing, and the other fish paid no attention. He was able to get food down to his ray, while feeding the other fish without issue.

Forester

Members
When my buddy used to have a ray in his tank, he had the same problem with the other fish out competing for food. He tried using clear tubing to target feed, but the bass followed the food to the bottom. He then switched to pvc tubing, and the other fish paid no attention. He was able to get food down to his ray, while feeding the other fish without issue.

Thats what I used to do for my ropefish. Works like a charm. GLWS

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Everything except for the pike and cichlasoma is still available

Dropping the price of the psittacum down to $175

Thanks