• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS - Central and South Americans

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Hey CCA,

I've got some mature fish that I'm looking to find a new home for. All are healthy, some may have a nipped fin or two (and part of the reason I need to move them out). I wish I had some more big tanks, but my loss is your gain.

First, I have two adult pairs of krobia guianensis. They are in a community tank, so they have spawned a few times but eggs are quickly eaten. Males are 6-7", females a inch or so smaller. They are a nice, acara type that are under appreciated in the hobby. Looking to get $15 for each pair, or $25 for both pairs.

Next is a group of paratheraps sp. fenestratus catemaco. I picked up two separate groups over the past year and a half, and now have a breeding pair so I need to move the others out. There are 5 total, ranging from 4 to 7 inches. Three are from COA (vented as a male and 2 females). The other two are from House of Tropicals. Gender is unknown. The smallest one is still in the process of peeling from grey to white/orange. Looking for $15 each for the larger 3, $10 for the smaller two. $50 takes the group of 5.

Also have a large male green terror. Probably around 6"+. $10.

Last are 2 pairs of rainbow cichlids. They are from Holly's stock. They are adult pairs, but are in a community tank with some more aggressive fish and aren't as happy as they should be. $5 per pair or free if you buy something else.

For anyone who was at my house for the picnic, all these fish were either in the 180 in my living room or the 120 in my family room.

I need to move these out relatively quickly, as I took advantage of the sale the Jeff Rapps is having and have a couple new fish coming in this week. Fish are for pick up from my house in Frederick. If any prices look out of whack, make me an offer via PM and we can talk.

Thanks for looking.

Jon

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Chris

I would think a pair would do fine in a 50 corner, both pairs may be a bit crowded. I don't keep plant myself, but I know that Tony has a pair in his 150 that is heavily planted with anubias. They will dig a bit when spawning, but I don't find them digging just for the sake of it.

Jon