• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: A group of Mpimbwe (or Burundi)

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
Hey fishy folks,

I have a group of five and I'm not sure if they are Mpimbwe or Burundi, they're about 3 years old and outgrowing their tank. They're pretty active for fronts and I hate to let them go but they deserve a bigger tank which I don't have room for. Here are some pics. They're about 4 to 8 inches. PM your offers if interested. Location: Germantown, MD

Cheers

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
I am seeing some activities but no not yet. The dom male keeps flirting with a couple of smaller ones.

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
Wow, very nice looking group. The fronts are a very cool especially when they are kept as a group or colony. Good Luck

They are berundi with characteristic big hump. Mpimbwe have sunglass shade on the eyes and blue diamonds on the hump. Yours have none.

ktopkat

Hey Marzo, what size tank are they in now? I have a 75 gallon with 1 Burundi Front who could use some company.

neut

Members
They are berundi with characteristic big hump. Mpimbwe have sunglass shade on the eyes and blue diamonds on the hump. Yours have none.
+1

Burundi color also. Mpimbwe have more metallic blue, occasionally purplish,. When some Burundi get a big hump you get a bit of variation in the black on the hump, so this may resemble a Mpimbwe hump somewhat to an eye that doesn't know Mpimbwe well. I note an angelfish in one of the photos, an indication these are pretty mellow and should work with a variety of fish of various sizes. At the same time, they're a healthy size for 3 years old and the sizes indicate a likely mix of male/female.

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
+1

Burundi color also. Mpimbwe have more metallic blue, occasionally purplish,. When some Burundi get a big hump you get a bit of variation in the black on the hump, so this may resemble a Mpimbwe hump somewhat to an eye that doesn't know Mpimbwe well. I note an angelfish in one of the photos, an indication these are pretty mellow and should work with a variety of fish of various sizes. At the same time, they're a healthy size for 3 years old and the sizes indicate a likely mix of male/female.

Very observant! You’re right. I call them gentle giants lol, the angelfish bullies them sometimes and they only give him a dirty look, there are also a bunch of small plecos in the tank, I’ve seen them push the plecos to get their algae wafer but they never bite them.

Correct again, two obvious males and three females.