• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: 6' 135g full setup

chris_todd

Members
A friend of mine from my astronomy club has this six foot 135g tank for sale. Please contact him directly via email at marcfberg at yahoo dot com. Please do not PM me or respond to this post, just contact Marc. I have seen the tank in person, and it's a nice setup, and is currently setup and holding water (pictures were taken today). Marc is in Catonsville, MD.

He's asking $400 OBO, and he is not willing to part this out, he wants to sell the complete setup.

Tank: 6' long, 24.5" tall, 18 deep, Oceanic, a little algae on the silicone, but otherwise in good shape (no visible scratches)
Stand: custom, fully enclosed, internal shelves, dark red oak stain, 35" tall
Contents: red/brown gravel, a few plants, driftwood, big 21 yr old plecostomus, a few water circulation pumps
Filter: Eheim Professional II canister (probably a 2028, he wasn't sure)
Lighting: 160w UVL AquaSun full spectrum fluorescent, T12, Icecap ballast, homemade hood
CO2: 20lb CO2 tank and electronically-controlled regulator
Buyer must remove (Marc can help break it down and load it up).
Buyer must promise good care for 21 year old plecostomus.

1tank 1.jpg

1tank 2.jpg

1tank 3.jpg

1tank 4.jpg

1tank 5.jpg

1tank 6.jpg

Last edited:

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Filter is indeed a 2028/2228

Three media trays rather than two as in the 2026/2226.

Sweet deal - filter and CO2 set-up easily worth $100 each in their own right.

chris_todd

Members
Three media trays rather than two as in the 2026/2226.

Sweet deal - filter and CO2 set-up easily worth $100 each in their own right.

Thanks for the confirmation, I wasn't sure either, as I don't use the Eheim Professional series, I'm a classic guy.

But yeah, I helped Marc price it to sell, and I agree it's a sweet deal. I'd take it myself if I wasn't in the middle of basement renovations, especially since he's just around the corner from me.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tremper

Members
What going in there....... At this point it's a massive grow out tank..... a group of 7 white labs, a group of 11 p. Phenochilus Tanzania (and these guys are all less than 2"), it will temporaily house a pack of Labeotropheus trewavasae marmelade cats which were an impulse buy at the ECC, and perhaps a group of peacocks, speices yet undtermined..... And my quintet of Snyo multipunctus..... And a pair of n leleupi....

With 3 tanks, one now becoming Tang in orientation with featherfins and cyps, the other 60 gallon essentially a a fry grow out and with a group of shellies and some long fin plecos growing out as well, this one has to be multifunctional. I travel all the time and my house was built in 1820 so I barely trust having anything on the 1st floor let alone the 2nd or 3rd, or the time to deal with more than 3 tanks.....

A purist, I am obviously not....

tremper

Members
All I can say is.... SUper nice people I got the tank from, nice tank, nicer stand, heavy as all get out. CO2 system and plants are gone. Tank has been resealed and the back painted black. Hopefully moving into final position tonight. And thank the heavens I did not find a larger tank. It totally overpowers my small dining room....

It comes with a pretty interesting plant focused 6 foot light system. Too much for me. If someone is plant focused and has some decent lights to swap out, preferably in a black finish drop me a line...

Lighting: 160w UVL AquaSun full spectrum fluorescent, T12, Icecap ballast, homemade hood