• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: 2 giant stingrays and their friends

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Hey folks

Many of you know that i am the proud owner of 2 very friendly stingrays. It was previously 3 but unfortunately ray (the male) killed her a few days ago. For the past 2 years i have had ray and i've had roxy for about a year and a half and its been for the most part great. While they are very fun, very interactive, and very gorgeous, i just dont have the money, time, and patience to give them the best care i can for them. Im not saying they are living in a horrible, decrepid tank. Im still doing weekly 50% water changes and feeding them every morning. Its partially a mixture of spending 5 hours a week on just cleaning the tank, 30 minutes a morning to thaw, peel, and cut their shrimp and constantly worrying how they are doing whenever im gone on vacation, camping trips, or sleepovers. And since im also juggling 3 other tanks, 4 ponds, a giant garden, and varsity lacrosse i just dont have the time i had to take care of them that i used to. While i love 'em to death, i feel like its a good time to move on and let someone else experience the same joy i did. I hope that didnt discourage you. If you have the money and patience they are amazing pets and easily my favorite fish i have ever kept.

Now for the info on them

I am offering a male marble motoro and a female hybrid (I know she has pearl, p14, marble motoro, black diamond, and a hanfull of other rays mixed in) stingray. They are both about 12" wide or a little more. They are about the size of a large dinner plate. Both are eating cut shrimp and they often steal krill from the local arowana (who is also for sale). Both are extremely friendly and love being handfed and even petted (do this with extreme caution). If you want to cheeky, beautiful rays, i have what you need! Both rays are 2+ years old and are sexually mature so if you want to breed them like i did, this is a good chance. I have seen them mating occasionally so you might get some bonus pups, no promises though.

Im looking for $400 for the male marble and $1,000 for the female. I'll take 1,200 for both. I would rather not seperate them because they are great buddies and get along very well but since they are so expensive, i understand if you can only buy one. I've had them both since they where tiny little things so if you buy them, please take great care of them :)

Im also selling all their tankmates which include

1x 16-18 (its so hard to measure her through 1" glass, she could be a whole lot more, but thats my best guess) $150

4 6-8" hoplarchus psittacum $150

I'll add more and pictures later, i have to go to bed and i want this to be posted before tomorrow morning.

pm me if you have any questions

Thanks

dogofwar

CCA Members
Sorry that you lost your ray, Dan!

Dan's set-up (300g) and fish are top notch. If you're interested in getting into rays, these would be great.

Matt

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
For some reason its not letting me upload pictures

If you want to see pictures check some of my past threads
I took some pics yesterday, if you want to zee those pm me your email adress or phone number and ill send them to you.

Jt731

Members
For some reason its not letting me upload pictures

If you want to see pictures check some of my past threads
I took some pics yesterday, if you want to zee those pm me your email adress or phone number and ill send them to you.

Says it's not a valid image file? Same issue here

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Rays are pending

Really wish I had the space for the parrots :(
if that changes let me know, they arent in super high demand so if that changes, ill probably have them
Sorry to hear you have to sell, they are beautiful, I hope they find a good home.
Thanks man, really apreciate it
is your pbass FS?
SO sorry to hear bro.
No, he died almost a year ago. Jumped and hit his head on the glass. I think he got a bad cuncussion. He hit the glass pretty hard.
dang man I am sorry to hear that....
Thanks man
Says it's not a valid image file? Same issue here
Yah, thats it

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Are you selling the 300 gallon?
I hope i never do!:) Im just looking for a pet that will give me a little bit more time than the rays did. Assuming i sell them for what i've listed them at (and i've already had two people contact me willing to pay that) i could make quite the display tank with hardeir, cheaper fish with the same personality and beauty that the rays have.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Still looking for a home for the arowana
Also have 2 pink belly sideneck turtles if anyone is interested
Thanks

dogofwar

CCA Members
You should just keep the parrots, Dan. Would be a great display and alone or nearly alone in a 300g would be about what they need to grow anyway... They get like 15"!

Matt

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
You should just keep the parrots, Dan. Would be a great display and alone or nearly alone in a 300g would be about what they need to grow anyway... They get like 15"!

Matt
I should, especially since they'll probably get along with what im stocking the tank with. Someone has already asked about them but if that falls through, ill just keep them.
How big are the turtles? How much for them both? Thanks

Both about 3", one is a little bigger than the other
If you need it i also have food and lights for them
$150 for just the turtles

dogofwar

CCA Members
Sounds good - make sure whoever's buying them is prepared to give them a good home. Not an easy thing for 4 Hoplarchus!

Matt

I should, especially since they'll probably get along with what im stocking the tank with. Someone has already asked about them but if that falls through, ill just keep them.