• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS - 180 Gallon Tank and Stand

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Folks:

Some have you probably saw my thread about swapping out my 180 for a new tank. The tank has a small drip somewhere around the top trim of the tank, as after the water level drops about 1/2" below the trim, the leak stops. Others have suggested it is a relatively easy fix.

I'm selling the tank, stand, and 1 and a half glass tops (there is a broken piece of glass on half the top so that only about 2/3rds of that side of the tank is covered). $250 takes it, picked up from my house in Frederick. The tank will be ready for pick up late morning tomorrow. If you are willing to show up tomorrow morning with cash and help move the old tank out of the house and the new tank in, I'll knock off $25.

Please PM or post up if you are interested.

Jon

FishEggs

I think you should make it your outside aquarium. :) If it leaks a bit it's just watering the grass.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
A good offer for a used tank is $1 a gallon, so 180g would be $180. Since the tank leaks, I would ask less $150.

He's also selling the stand with it and one of the glass tops. The other is broken, but still works. I would say he's in the ballpark for the whole lot. I just don't have the room nor the time right now.

Thai

Members
1 dollar gallon is the most dated and nonsensical adage I always hear when non knowing cheapskates talk about used tanks... it only applies to small tanks, when you get over 75g that "rule" really doesn't apply...

Y'all really think you can buy a 500g tank for 500 bucks?

It's a 180 with Stand, a quick silicon application to the top and it's good as new.

250 is more than fair

FishEggs

Nah. Need to move it to a new home. But you've got a good idea. Any room at your place?
Unfortunately no or I would snatch it up in a heart beat. Also if I brought another tank home I might have to live in it. It definitely wont fit in the dog house. Lol

On another note, I myself am as frugal as possible, (cheapskate) due to my upbringing (poor) and I couldnt in good conscience haggle on Jon's asking price.

rawdeakka

Members
1 dollar gallon is the most dated and nonsensical adage I always hear when non knowing cheapskates talk about used tanks... it only applies to small tanks, when you get over 75g that "rule" really doesn't apply...

Y'all really think you can buy a 500g tank for 500 bucks?

It's a 180 with Stand, a quick silicon application to the top and it's good as new.

250 is more than fair

I'm sure you couldn't find a new 500 gallon for $500 but I'm certain you can find a leaking one for around that price... maybe less.