• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FREE REPLACEMENT STEALTH HEATERS

bschuhart

Members
A month ago I burned up another Stealth Heater (old style, not the new one with the cool green/red LED) when I forgot to unplug it when doing a water change. So I decided to call Marineland and spoke to the customer service person and explain what happened...she said "I didn't hear what you just said, with that said just return it and you'll get a free replacement" So 3 weeks later my FREE replacement came and it was a new Stealth Pro to boot, the only cost was to ship the melted one back.

Here's what you need to do:

Send your name, address, phone number and note explaining whats wrong (I said "the heater melted") to:

United Pet Group
Att. Warrantee
3001 Commerce Street
Blacksburg, VA 24060

mrkillie

Members
IME, Marineland has always been pretty good that way. I once complained about the old style Magnum filters-the ones with the separate motor (underneath) and canister. They sent me 2 replacement motors within a week.

toddnbecka

Members
The new ones with the "cool" LED have been known to explode, literally. I have one of the new Pro models, and used a piece of plastic canvas to make a cage for it in case it goes ballistic. One person lost a whole tank of SW stock because there's copper inside the heater that blew.

bschuhart

Members
Where di you hear this? I would like to find out more. Aren't they UL approved? If that means anything anymore.