• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Free for adoption

kcwright

Members
We're moving out of state in a few weeks and can't take our aquarium with us, but we have a 5 year old Kenyi (Metriaclima lombardoi?) that I'd like to find a home for. Before posting something on craigslist, I thought I'd see if anyone here is interested. I'll give away my 29 gallon tank and all equipment as well (see below), as long as you take the fish and take care of him. He's been a fun family pet.

Details:

African "Kenyi" Cichlid (Lake Malawi)
Metriaclima lombardoi
Adult Male - 5 year old - 4" long
Kept solo in a 29 gallon aquarium
Never been sick or exposed to other fish

Characteristics:
Herbivore
Very aggressive temperament (NOT a community fish, make sure you know what you're doing before putting this fish in with others)
Water temperature: 78-82 F
Acceptable pH: 7.8 - 8.6

Aquarium and Accessories
29 Gallon Glass Aquarium (30"x12"x18" - 330 lbs)
Fluorescent Hood Light
AquaClear 50 Filter (plus one working back-up not in use)
150 Watt submersible heater
Mixed pebble substrate (recommend changing to sand if you can)
Tetra whisper 40 air pump, tubing, airstones (not presently in use)
Fresh Lab water test kit (Ph, Ammonia, NO2)
TopFin Automatic Feeder
More miscellaneous stuff (gravel vacuum), if interested...

Note: The console we've been using as an aquarium stand isn't included, you'll need to figure out what to put the aquarium on yourself. Sorry.

I live in Gaithersburg, and will make transport/pickup arrangements as needed. I've never used this forum before, so please bear with me if I don't respond to inquiries immediately.

Tank.jpg

Kenyi.jpg

msjinkzd

invert junkie
it is touching to see someone who cares for their fish like this :) Avatar is a great choice to take your pet.

drbooda

Members
Hi. I would also be thrilled to have your beautiful tank. But, you should get something for all your hard work and care. I'm thinking $50 at least.
I live in central PA but could work something out to come closer.
Rich

kcwright

Members
Fish has found a new home

Thanks to everybody here who expressed an interest. I'm sure any of you would have been a great caretaker, but as it turns out some friends of our family just moved to a bigger place, and they were happy to adopt out fish. We decided it'd be nicest to have him cared for by someone we'll keep in touch with and visit from time to time. Yes, we are actually kind of attached to the little guy, even if he is just a fish.