• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Free: Common Plecos

captmicha

Members
Two small common plecos.

Just want them to go to an appropriate sized tank (their current one isn't).

Can meet at the meeting. Would prefer to have someone claim them than put them through the auction when they may not get claimed. Thanks.

captmicha

Members
I'm really bad at eyeballing things, but around 4". They're not the babies you'll find in LFS. A couple of years bigger than that.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Depending on the temp. They get huge 12-24" in some cases. They need 74-78 degrees to be happy. 80 is too warm as with most plecos.

captmicha

Members
Depending on the temp. They get huge 12-24" in some cases. They need 74-78 degrees to be happy. 80 is too warm as with most plecos.
Don't common plecos also need the usual Amazonian water parameters? Soft, acidic, .. kh I can't remember.

My well is default perfect for Amazon and some Indian species so I don't test often.

Devin Gibson

CCA Members
I heard the warm water stunts their growth.......in my south american tanks between 78 and 80 degrees . I have 2 12 plecos in 1 tank and a 16 in her in my other tank.....

Devin Gibson

CCA Members
Your male jack is spoiled ......he is damn near blood worm exclusively ....it took a little while but he comes to me now when I stick my hand in the tank with bloodnworms of course.