• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

For Sale something different Newts!

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I have for sale seven juvenvile ichthyosaura alpestris apuana aka Italian Alpine newts. They are $30 each. $25 each if four or more are purchased. Four can be kept for life in a unheated 10 gallon. These were raised fully aquactic. The need at this size about 4" to 6" of water with
rocks or driftwood breaking the surface for them to climb out on occasionally. The eat black worms, daphnia magna, and hikari carnivore pellets broken in half. I have linked a care sheet below.
https://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Triturus/T_alpestris.shtml

20180728_161611.jpg 20180728_163511.jpg 20180728_161558.jpg 20180728_161525.jpg 20180728_161605.jpg alpine-newt-1-500.jpg

Becca

Members
I'm blanking on the name of the act, but it bans import of certain animals. All amphibians were added to it because of the spread of a fungal infection to native fauna. It's a federal law, so it applies to interstate transport and import of listed animals. Certain states have their own laws banning ownership, too. Every person who has come on this site asking for newts since they were added to the list immediately tries to get a breeder or seller who is no longer even active to ship them. It's not illegal to breed or sell them in Maryland, for example, but drive them to DE or VA and you've potentially violated a federal law. Sure, they're not imported, but how do you prove it? Randos pop up on here occasionally targeting & pm'ing anyone who has ever listed newts for sale, trying to get them to ship. I don't even raise my babies anymore, I let them get eaten.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
I'm your huckleberry:

Lacey Act (18 U.S.C. § 42), Importation or shipment of injurious mammals, birds, fish (including mollusks and crustacea), amphibia, and reptiles; permits, specimens for museums; regulations

Blaise

JLW

CCA Members
Ding ding ding, Blaise gets the cookies.

What the heck is going on with the forums lately with random people responding to ads selling stuff ... five years ago?! This isn't the only case recently, been a weird rash of them.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
I would be happy to accept the cookies, if my A1C weren't through the roof. Any chance they're sugar free?

As to the thread necromancy, well, it is a Level 1 spell:

Arise, O thread, from pages deep
Cast off your pall, shake off your sleep
Enlighten us with topics forgotten
While other threads lay buried and rotten

Blaise

FishEggs

I would be happy to accept the cookies, if my A1C weren't through the roof. Any chance they're sugar free?

As to the thread necromancy, well, it is a Level 1 spell:

Arise, O thread, from pages deep
Cast off your pall, shake off your sleep
Enlighten us with topics forgotten
While other threads lay buried and rotten

Blaise
Yes the cookies are sugar free. You just have to click accept on the computer when you go to new web pages. i get them all the time.