• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

For sale: Creation text on Tropical Fish World parchment

Plenipotentiary-at-large
1 In the beginning Yllek-Tap created the home and the habitat.
2 And the habitat was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the Mate. And the Spirit of Yllek-Tap moved to face the deep.
3 And Yllek-Tap said, Let there be water: and there was water.
4 And Yllek-Tap saw the water, that it was good: and Yllek-Tap sought to divide the water from the darkness of impurities.
5 And Yllek-Tap called the waters Righteous, and the darkness he called M*****F*****. And the pH and the de-chlorination were the first day.
6 And Yllek-Tap said, Let there be a firmament around the waters, and let it divide the water from the non-water.
7 And Yllek-Tap made the firmament, and divided the waters which would be within the firmament from the non-waters which would be outside the firmament: and it was so.
8 And Yllek-Tap called the firmament Tank. And the location and the orientation were the second day.
9 And Yllek-Tap said, Let there be waters within the tank gathered together unto one place, and let land appear: and it was so.
10 And Yllek-Tap called the land Substrate; and the gathering together of the waters called he Aquaria: and Yllek-Tap saw that it was good.
11 And Yllek-Tap said, Let the substrate bring forth grass, the herb yielding runners, and the plant yielding kin after his kind, whose kin is in itself, upon the substrate: and it was so.
12 And the substrate brought forth grass, and herb yielding runners after his kind, and the plants yielding kin, whose kin was in itself, after his kind: and Yllek-Tap saw that it was good.
13 And the hardness and trace elements were the third day.
14 And Yllek-Tap said, Let there be lights above the firmament of the tank to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament above the tank to give light upon the substrate: and it was so.
16 And Yllek-Tap made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and lesser lights to rule the night: he made a heater also.
17 And Yllek-Tap set them above the firmament of the tank to give light upon the substrate,
18 And a timer to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and Yllek-Tap saw that it was good.
19 And the temperature and the filter media were the fourth day.
20 And Yllek-Tap said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly moving creatures that hath life, and fish that may move above the substrate in the waters of the tank.
21 And Yllek-Tap acquired great cichlids, and every living creature that swimmeth, which the waters grew abundantly, after their kind, and every invertebrate after his kind: and Yllek-Tap saw that it was good.
22 And Yllek-Tap fed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the tank, and let denitrifying bacteria multiply in the substrate.
23 And the flakes and the blackworms were the fifth day.
24 And Yllek-Tap said, Let the substrate breed the living creature after his kind, shrimp, and creeping snails, and beast of the substrate after his kind: and it was so.
25 And Yllek-Tap bred the beast of the substrate after his kind, and shrimp after their kind, and every snail that creepeth upon the substrate after his kind: and Yllek-Tap saw that it was good.
26 And Yllek-Tap said, Let us make aquarists in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the lakes and rivers, and over the invertebrates, and over the shrimp, and over all the substrate, and over every creeping snail that creepeth upon the substrate.
27 So Yllek-Tap created aquarists in his own image, in the image of Yllek-Tap created he him; hydrids and strains created he them; and the Association.
28 And Yllek-Tap nurtured them, and Yllek-Tap said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the pet stores, and subdue them: and have dominion over them by filling their appetites for the fish of the lakes and rivers, and the invertebrates, and over every living thing that moveth above the substrate.
29 And Yllek-Tap said, Behold, I have given you, many new members, which look upon the face of all the substrate, and many auctions, in which are the spawn of matings; to you it shall be for life.
30 And to every creature of the substrate, and to every invertebrate and to every snail that creepeth upon the substrate, wherein there is life, I have given all revenues for life: and it was so.
31 And Yllek-Tap saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very exceedingly surpassingly magnificently righteous. And the spawns and the new members were the sixth day.

And on the seventh day Yllek-Tap did not rest. He changed the water, cleaned the media and procured yet more fish. And smiled.

Praise be to Yllek-Tap

kaj41354

Members
I have been laughing since I read this and my Tuesday at work is completely shot! We bow to the Almighty Yllek-Tap!

:party0018::party0018:

:love0030::love0030::love0030::love0030:

chris_todd

Members
That is some pretty trippy stuff! You have quite an elaborate sense of humor, Avatar, but All Praise Yllek-Tap!!

Plenipotentiary-at-large
What, you think this is a joke!?

That is some pretty trippy stuff! You have quite an elaborate sense of humor, Avatar, but All Praise Yllek-Tap!!

Just wait until you see the genealogy suggesting that CCA's very own vice-president is descended from Prince Namor, or at least related (in a broad sense of the word).

Leffler817

CCA Members
Well written! :sign0191:

I can't wait to read the 'Book of Kitchen'. I love hearing the story about the battle of DIY. When the Kenmorites fought the Moens and the DIYers would lose the battle unless Yllek-Tap's aqua goddess Yecart held a frying pan above his head.

Oh man, lots of good stories to read there. :D

Plenipotentiary-at-large
I can't wait to read the 'Book of Kitchen'. I love hearing the story about the battle of DIY. When the Kenmorites fought the Moens and the DIYers would lose the battle unless Yllek-Tap's aqua goddess Yecart held a frying pan above his head.

Too new here to savvy the inside of that but I look forward to reading the 'parable' version.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Well written! :sign0191:

I concur!!! That was very entertaining. Don't stop there Avatar, keep the stories coming.

RM

Julie

Members
I can't wait to read the 'Book of Kitchen'.
Shawn, that would be a book longer than the original bible, having taken nearly a year to complete, eh?? :D

Sam, a kitchen was remodeled and created by the great and powerful Yllek-Tap, as per the instruction and guidance of his Goddess Yllek-Yecart as Shawn said... said kichen was recently completed, but we've heard many snippets of the saga over the past year. Good retort Shawn!!