• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

For Pat...and Others.

One of your big guy's prodigy is looking good. This is not a good example of his overall handsomeness. But, it sure shows his color. :D

I took this a few minutes ago. His color is becoming amazing. I actually "desaturated" this shot in photoshop because the colors looked "too phony".

17aAlbnoEurekaRed022107.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
<div align="center">WOW</div>

<div align="left">He is really coloring up nicely. I need to grow some out for myself for the next generation.</div>

It's kinda crazy.

I moved him to a 20L and away from any females. He goes into this dynamic color mode?????

Maybe he prefers to be a loner. :lol:

I must be honest, and explain the camera settings for this shot.

I often try to downpower the flash to try and imitate the saturation color that results from shooting without flash. In this case, the subject is so darn colorful, he exuberates the colors that normally would only exist without flash.

I shot this at 1/32 power of the flash. That is very low. His colors are waaaaayyyy too impresive to be washed out. :(

He is really this colorful when the lowlight circumstances exist.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I need to start working with my stuff instead of just shooting.
I reset the flash after the meeting to what I had it at and have not taken anything since.
Mike has already passed me. :(
Just never seem to have the time or the clean tank to do it.

maddog10

Members
I wouldn't say I passed you. I just figured out how to set-up for my tank. I also think that the background in my pictures makes them look better. I take pictures of the fish with the rock background and when they swim into an area with the plain black background. The rock photos always look better. I am going to set up a 20 gallon photo tank(eventually), decorated of course with rock and driftwood.

I also am new to photography and excited about it. You have done it for awhile now so it has lost some of its appeal, but I see that you are being re-biten by the shutter bug!

Mike has already passed me.
[/b]

Let a guy spend a few grand on camera equipment, rub elbows with a few experienced photographers, and he thinks he knows what he's doing. I think he's an alien, Pat. From another world... :beamup:

But...his enthusiasm for the hobby reminds me a little bit of myself a few years ago :eek:

fishboy11

Members
He is looking really good Bobby. Can you bring him to the OCA Extravaganza this year and show him? I am showing my AER male along with 2 ngara males

mscichlid

Founder
He is looking really good Bobby. Can you bring him to the OCA Extravaganza this year and show him? I am showing my AER male along with 2 ngara males
[/b]

There's a local fish show coming up in October! :jumpy: