• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Food suggestions for cichlid fry

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I use ground up flakes from Kensfish.com. Seems to work well for me. Golden pearls are also good for really small fry. You can get them from Kensfish as well.

verbal

CCA Members
Yourfishstuff.com has a number of options and is a club sponsor. In addition to dedicate fry food, they have Repashy(as does Rachel).

I don't think Repashy is affordable for large cichlids, but it could be good for the fry. My pearly eartheater fry seem to like it alot(community and solient green).

samsmobb

Members
I know a reputable source for super beef heart flake that are used for discus juvies if your interested pm me

rsretep

Members
I also use golden pearls and the fry seem to enjoy decapsulated brine shrimp also along with micro worms

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm a big fan of Golden Pearls (I also buy from Kensfish.com). I've never had better luck with a fry food (even newly hatch BS)...

Matt

rsretep

Members
I'm a big fan of Golden Pearls (I also buy from Kensfish.com). I've never had better luck with a fry food (even newly hatch BS)...

Matt

gotta agree with Matt, seems since I started feeding my fry golden pearls (KensFish) their growth and health have been fantastic

ezrk

Members
We are going to try Repashy on our next batch of fry. It seems like a promising solution to offering them food throughout the day - which we can't do otherwise.