• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fluval FX5 Canister

rich_one

Members
I have a Fluval FX5 canister currently sitting in my garage. It is not a full working unit. It is the canister, and it has both intake and outake tubes intact, and all media baskets and such. What is missing is the motor. I believe a replacement motor can be had directly from Hagen for about $135 or so. I am currently undecided on whether I am going to get a new motor for it and redeploy it on one of my tanks, so I figured I'd see if there is an interest, and that will help me decide.

I figure what... $50 is fair? That way, you will have come out of pocket for a total of about $185, give or take, to get the unit up and running again.

As usual, I'm all for trades. I am very much into not-TOO-common New World cichlids, and have even began wondering about a small school of large bosemanis as potential dither to one of my cichlid tanks. If interested, send me a pm and lets see what develops. If no interest, then I guess my decision about redeploying it will have been made for me! :D

-Rich