• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fishy Dreams

Becca

Members
Well, between my visit to Batfish, attending my first CCA meeting on Saturday, and Mother's day trips to Tropical Lagoon and Congressional (hubs is obsessively looking for Marble and Chocolate Raphael cats), I've got fish on the brain.

I had a CRAZY dream last night that I was back at Roraima tropicals, but that Dennis was letting customers in the store to shop, which gave it an Aquarium Center feel. Blue shirts everywhere, 40 gallon breeders filled with fry all over the floor, a family who wanted to put two Pacu in a 2.5 gallon tank because they "get big," and many unfruitful searches for a net and/or spec cup to use for pushy customers.

I woke up this morning longing for a feasible way to run screaming from my desk job (one that I normally find pretty pleasant) even though, after a dream like that, one would think I'd run screaming to it.

Ading522

Members
Well, between my visit to Batfish, attending my first CCA meeting on Saturday, and Mother's day trips to Tropical Lagoon and Congressional (hubs is obsessively looking for Marble and Chocolate Raphael cats), I've got fish on the brain.

I had a CRAZY dream last night that I was back at Roraima tropicals, but that Dennis was letting customers in the store to shop, which gave it an Aquarium Center feel. Blue shirts everywhere, 40 gallon breeders filled with fry all over the floor, a family who wanted to put two Pacu in a 2.5 gallon tank because they "get big," and many unfruitful searches for a net and/or spec cup to use for pushy customers.

I woke up this morning longing for a feasible way to run screaming from my desk job (one that I normally find pretty pleasant) even though, after a dream like that, one would think I'd run screaming to it.

I've had fish dreams and fish nightmares too! and yeah..its scary..including getting my hand bit by my oscar fish.. and getting fish all over the carpet floor.. oh dear.. I never knew I would be dreaming about fish.. i never knew this hobby had its side effects.. LOL

Becca

Members
I've had fish dreams and fish nightmares too! and yeah..its scary..including getting my hand bit by my oscar fish.. and getting fish all over the carpet floor.. oh dear.. I never knew I would be dreaming about fish.. i never knew this hobby had its side effects.. LOL

Haha! Yeah, I have recurring "pond is leaking" nightmares, pond is getting devoured by a great-blue-heron, etc. Of course, the worst of them is a reality - Cheap-*** Dad refused to plug in the pond heater (built pond while in highschool, so it's at my parents' house) and went away for an extended weekend the same weekend it snowed 2 feet and everything froze. Killed several 10+ year-old Koi, probably a few thousand dollars worth...

I will NEVER let him live that down. He insists that the heater was "boiling" them and that it costs "hundreds" of dollars a month to run. Meanwhile my genius-level IQ father somehow has failed to recognize that water steams when it's warmer than the air temp (even if it is NOT boiling, or even hot) and that running that heater ALL **** YEAR would still cost less than the value of the fish, not to mention that they are living things. So I have nightmares about a pond that is, in reality, empty... LOL.

mchambers

Former CCA member
So it seems that your dreams are linked to your feelings about your father.

Do we have any psychoanalysts in the club, preferably someone who has studied Freud?

Becca

Members
So it seems that your dreams are linked to your feelings about your father.

Do we have any psychoanalysts in the club, preferably someone who has studied Freud?

LOL!!! Me, of course... Not really - but I did study psych.