• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

First Attempt / First Failure

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I tried to take some with two remote flashes and they all came out with a flash burst on the glass or
the shadow behind the fish. I need to play more and adjust.
Next time.
082006f.jpg

May want to try a couple things here.

The flash above is still the main light source. The front flash is for "fill" only.

With that said, use the top flash with the slide out difuser engaged. Use the front flash with the slide out diffuser and and Stofen dome diffuser attached. Set the front flash on a tripod and aim it using about 30 degrees angle in front of the subject. The Stofen will eliminate your problem with the flash burst.

Try this and show your results.

Steve

Members
I tried to take some with two remote flashes and they all came out with a flash burst on the glass or
the shadow behind the fish. I need to play more and adjust.
Next time.
[/b]

No, no, Pat.
It's not the camera or the equipment. The problem is with the fish. Clearly this is one of those NP2s that you hear about (Non-Photographical Peacocks). Lemme take this trouble-maker off your hands and let you get your peace of mind back as your start photographing other fish.
No need to thank me.

Cheers,
Steve

maddog10

Members
Pat,

That is an outstanding offer that Steve is putting out there. I would go for it if I was you. (remember Steve I get the first clutch of babies).

Steve

Members
Pat,

That is an outstanding offer that Steve is putting out there. I would go for it if I was you. (remember Steve I get the first clutch of babies).
[/b]

Mike, it's good to see someone else is trying to talk some sense into Pat. I mean, we all can see how the stress is just eating you up, Pat. Help yourself; just give me the fish and then you can relax . . . .
Cheers,
Steve