• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

February Meeting Of The Cca

longstocking

Members
I gotta say... there were some fantastic fish brought to the meeting ( just went into the fish room to really look at them ). So ... Just wanted to say thank you to all I bought fish from. It's was really nice seeing a variety. I think every group ( tangs/malawi/ south/ victorians) was covered this meeting ! Something for everyone !

animicrazy

Members
A rare moment of sanity:

Great demo; I build lots of stuff - stands (as in today lots) - yet I learned good stuff from the demo. Thanks to Charlutz for your time !!

Now: these new species (sp. concour & sp. Naw) - where can I get some ????

Paul.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
The meeting was fantastic!!! And Yes the Auctioneer was AWESOME!!! Hey Marge....look behind you, I think someone is bidding on your fish :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Charlie, great job man!

OMG, there was so many fish at that auction that even Ron looked at me and said,"When is this ever going to end?" He was worn out, but it was all well worth it.

Bobby, the name tag thingy is a smart idea and I Concur too.

Donna, you've got issues(blow up doll) HA!

Man, there were a lot of new members at the meeting. Let's take our hat's off to PAT, Franny, Mike & Tracy for their phenomenal work and effort. We are so spoiled sometimes and don't realize how hard these people work. All we do is just sign on to the forum and drive to the meetings and eat all the food, while they do all the work behind the scenes. THANK YOU! I'm just a little ole Hobbyist just counting the days to the next meeting hoping that Filet Mignon or Salmon is being served. Heee Heeee!!!

SubMariner;)

DeeCee

Members
Ricardo, If you bring the steaks, I'll bring the A-1............ :p

DC

Can ya'll tell I'm getting Spring Fever for a cook-out already? HA!

longstocking

Members
lol .. I guess I don't count and neither does John :lol:. Guys... I'm off the board. No more help from me :p And we don't have to count the money any more since John doesn't count either YIPEEEEEEEEE !!! :lol:

Just kidding with ya Richard :p Nice job you guys...

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (longstocking @ Feb 10 2008, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
lol .. I guess I don't count and neither does John :lol: . Guys... I'm off the board. No more help from me :p And we don't have to count the money any more since John doesn't count either YIPEEEEEEEEE !!! :lol:

Just kidding with ya Richard :p Nice job you guys...[/b]

Oops, I'm sorry Sarah! I did not mean to forget about you, really. I just don't see you behind the desk anymore, so I guess I forgot. As for John, where the heck is he???

longstocking

Members
lol I don't do much... I was really just mess'n with ya ;) Ask Tracey... I always manage to ask her if she needs help after everything is pretty much done ! :lol:

Now John on the other hand... does do a lot.

maddog10

Members
John does plenty, his work is just not out in the open for everyone to see. He does a lot of financial and paperwork crap that no one else wants (or knows how) to do.

Sarah is going to have her hands full with all the BAP info, seems like the program is making big strides in the right direction.

I have everyone fooled, all I do is help with the auction stuff and agree with whatever Pat says :blink:

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Second meeting for me, it just keeps getting better, Lots of very nice people in this Group. Thanks to all that work so hard making it all happen. See you all next month with more new people.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Great job, Charlie! I would have screwed my hand to the board if I had to build something in front of everyone...and describe what I was doing :rolleyes:

The great part about having a lot of empty tanks and moving to a new area is that people are keeping some fish I've never kept (or haven't kept in some time) and I have the room for them.

I like the name tag idea for next time.

Matt

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yes, I agree.

I will bring some of the sticky name badges next time.

With the amount of new faces at meetings, and with the fact that I can not remember names

worth a darn...Just ask the woman I live with.... forgot her name, The badges are the way to go.

And I agree that if your name and your online name are different, both need to be on there. Good idea Bobby.

SteelFist

Members
Thanks everyoe for the warm welcome! It was great meeting you guys. Maybe the next meeting I'll be on time :innocent0003:

Some great stuff going up for auction! Maybe one of these days I'll become interested in African Cichlids. But for now, I'm too in love with the CA's :happy0021:

BTW, wearing badges sounds like a good idea.

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mscichlid @ Feb 11 2008, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We'll hand out name tags and you write your name: Hello. My name is[/b]

and we should do it like those AA meeting in a round circle.. "Hi my name is... im a fishaholic.. "

marge618

CCA member
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (longstocking @ Feb 12 2008, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ha !

Hello my name is : Pippi longstocking

:sign0002: I kill myself ! :lol:[/b]

Ha, my name is Marge and I am Marge. Well, you have some creativity Pippi Longstocking....Sarah. Never a dull moment when Saran is around. Plus you are my go-to perdon for fish questions. (Aren't you pleased that there aren't SO MANY questions this month.)
This month's meeting was a lot of fun.
Later,
Marge