• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Exotic Aquatics Closing

Hawkman2000

Members
I hate hearing about this. Scares the hell out of me. I can't stand the though of relying on Petcrap and Petdumm for everything. Wallys, Superpetz... imagine how depressing it would be if we made a list of all of LFSs that have closed in the last 5 years.

Wish they weren't so far from Arlington, I would swing by right now and get some calico cons.

I was just in there today, not much salt left at all but quite a bit of freshwater fish and plants. Not much out of the norm type stuff but all nice.

Also, just to let everyone know there is NO DISCOUNT on dry goods at this time. I started loading up on new life and some water conditioners and odds and ends type stuff that you always end up needing at some point or another and was a little surprised at the counter lol.

fishman13

Members
i kinda dont like the store, Mark and steve are very rude and some of the employees are ignorant. Now john, the one with the pony tail and was very tall. He was the most knowladgable person their and whent out of his way to help others even when he was busy

Just left the store...still good amounts of fish and tanks left. Mostly CA/SA cichlids: Green Terrors, Oscar, Jack Dempsey, Red Devil, Green Texas, Severums, and Calico Convicts. The also had some decent looking Datniods, Arowana, Senegal Bichirs, and clown loaches. I did notice alot of corries but didn't really look at what kind. Most of the fish were small so if your looking for big stuff it's most gone except for some big knifes.

Best tank deal I saw was 75G tank/Stand for $150.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

iamzrad

Members
Oh darn :(

I've been going to this store ever since I could remember and even before! They used to be right across the street from me then they moved to Parkville/Carney.
Sad to see them go.
Even more sad is that I'm just seeing this, could of picked up some fish!! >_<

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Stopped in Exotic Aquatics this past friday. About half of the tanks were empty, but they still had plenty of fish. All fish are currently 50% off and they were some great deals. The majority left seemed to be livebearers and community type fish, but they seemed healthy and were offered for great prices.

They were starting to discount some of the dry goods, but not all types. The best deals I found were 50% off all bulbs, and Buy 2 Get 2 for all decor/plastic plants.

Its a shame to see this place go. I am going to do my best to try and visit HOT at least twice monthly even if its just to browse the selection and buy some live food.

Chicklid

Members
I was there yesterday and there isn't much left in terms of livestock. They haven't marked down the tanks or supplies and they may end up just keeping the stuff if it doesn't get sold. So if you want some fish relatively cheap, then now's the time to get it before everything good is sold.

Rasta Fish

Members
Stop by yesterday @ 6:15 they were closed for the day and they were trucking out tanks out of the store
the big display in the front of the building was gone, just an empty tank
Not sure when it will be closing day, it will be soon i am sure