• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Empty 75g. Ideas??

TMSB805

Members
I now have an empty 75 and i'm trying to decide what to put in there. Here's a few thoughts. Let me know if any of you guys have had any experience with these guys or have any other suggestions.

Aquidens Metae
Heroina isonycterina
Herichthys Tamosopoensis

rich_one

Members
Dude I am trying to think of a convict-type that is on my bucket list, and I am drawing a dang blank! DOH!

-Rich

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Nice list of possibilities, Zach. I've actually got juvies of both the heroina and tamasopoensis growing out right now.

Centrarchus are one of my favorites that would be a good candidate for a 75 if you haven't kept them in the past.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Definitely try centrarchus if you've not kept them before.

One of my absolute favorite fish... and a 75g is perfect for a pair.

I'm all about a pair of acaras but pairs of Aequidens metae or Heroina in a 75g would get boring.

Matt

Some Andinoacara stalbergi might be an interesting route. I've not kept them but I hear they're meaner than A. rivulatus (green terrors).

I now have an empty 75 and i'm trying to decide what to put in there. Here's a few thoughts. Let me know if any of you guys have had any experience with these guys or have any other suggestions.

Aquidens Metae
Heroina isonycterina
Herichthys Tamosopoensis

TMSB805

Members
Jon
where did you get your tamos from and what's their aggression like towards one another? Do have the typical herichthys demeanor?

Matt
For whatever reason I've never liked centrarchus. Don't know what it is about them

dogofwar

CCA Members
You've never seen mine!

Tamos are similar to Texas in terms of temperament...just smaller and require cleaner water.

Matt

Jon
where did you get your tamos from and what's their aggression like towards one another? Do have the typical herichthys demeanor?

Matt
For whatever reason I've never liked centrarchus. Don't know what it is about them

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I have a pair of metae from Rapps. They are one of my favorite SA cichlids. Very peaceful. I have them in a 75 with a pair of cutteri, rainbow cichlids and centrarchus (two males).
I have one Heroina left (out of six) in my 135. Not sure if they killed each other or another tankmate did. I do know that they constantly chased and harassed each other.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I got my tamos from Dan at COA. Right now, they are pretty small and are getting along well with the group of chuco micropthalmus I also have growing out. All fish are between 1 and 2 inches. I'll move them to a bigger tank as they get some size on them.

This is actually my second attempt at raising the tamos. The first group I got from the ACA auction in Indy. They were young adults, ranging from 3 to 4 inches. I put the group of 8 in my 180. Not sure if it was because they were smaller than the other fish in the tank or if they were evil to each other, but I eventually ended up with what I think was a pair in the tank (one had a black dorsal spot, the other didn't). The male (without the spot) decided he was going to try and fight a JD that was twice his size and didn't fare well. I still have the female, a feisty little thing. She has her territory under a big piece of driftwood in the 180 and will defend it against most other fish in the tank.

blkmjk

Members
I like my "Panama" Losellie. They have amazing color and seem to do ok as pairs. Third wheels get flat tires quick if you get what I mean... But a group of 6 would get you started...uploadfromtaptalk1385002666441.jpg

Its a terrible picture but you get the idea of the color.

Drew

uploadfromtaptalk1385002666441.jpg

TMSB805

Members
Update Zach????

Well, this is definitley not what i had in mind but they're free from an old friend. I'll be getting some 1.5-2" festae to growout. I figure they'll be ok in a 75 for a little while.

Last edited: