• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Eheim 2026 or 2028 HELP

Good luck man, Eheim parts supplier told me that Eheim requires you to send the filter back to their Germany headquarters to be repaired. One of the other members suggested that Rick's in Frederick might have one, but no such luck when I checked there. I am trying to find a cheaper alternative to sending it to Germany so will let you know if I have luck with this parts supplier I am going to order from.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I've found Eheim parts at both Rick's in Frederick and Congressional in the past, but it has been a while since I got them. Good luck in the search.

Well I was able to repair it with crazy glue. I did not think it was going to work. What it did was took razor blade and made the ends even and took a lil piece of a plastic bag and wrapped the lil section and glued that and when it dried sanded it smooth and lubricated with vasiline. Seemed stronger working fine now. Ordered one from big Al's online pets

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mchambers

Former CCA member
My guess is that you can find suitable o-rings at a good hardware store. I've done that for eheim valves, but have not tried to find a o-ring for a canister.

mchambers

Former CCA member
O-rings

This is the only company that is making them

Interesting link. Thanks for posting it.

Is there something unique about the Eheim o-ring that would make it impossible to find a replacement at McMaster-Carr or a hardware store? I'm not trying to argue; I'm truly curious, since I have a bunch of Eheim canisters of various models.

Interesting link. Thanks for posting it.

Is there something unique about the Eheim o-ring that would make it impossible to find a replacement at McMaster-Carr or a hardware store? I'm not trying to argue; I'm truly curious, since I have a bunch of Eheim canisters of various models.

I was looking at McMaster-Carr before this was posted, just had to try to match up the right O-ring.

As for shipping to Germany, yes, much cheaper considering I have four 2026's right now that all need this O-ring replaced which is why I bought eight of the O-rings at $10 a piece, but the $11.50 shipping on top of that seems goofy for O-Rings unless its overnight.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Right

I was looking at McMaster-Carr before this was posted, just had to try to match up the right O-ring.

Yup. I think a hardware store may be a more practical solution for me, assuming it has the sizes I need, because I can take the old ring and get a close match.

But the other solutions are good, too.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
This might be a shot in the dark but....liquid gasket from the car parts store? I think they have non corrosive silicone based ones. Just add it over the old o ring until you can get a new one. Or use it to make your own o rings.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Query

I have 6 of the large 20/22 class Eheims and have never had to replace one of these gaskets or even knew they existed. These are specific to newer units with primers (the 22 series), yes? If so makes a good case for sticking with the older/original models as the priming pumps add little value IME/O, it being so very easy to start a siphon-flow from either the intake or return line in a tank to fill the filter.

Mostly the only gaskets I've had fail are the main sealing rings between the head and canister - anyone found a cheap source for those?