• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

zackcrack00

Members
I know what you're all going to say.

I went to dinner with my Mom's boyfriend last night. Coincidentally (not) it's right next to my favorite pet store: Rick's Fish and Pet Supply. After we finished we went into Rick's and started looking around. The first thing my Mom's boyfriend said was, "We are not taking home any fish."

Well, I was looking at the African tanks, and, in with all of these big Africans (and a male M. Greshakei) was a holding Metriaclima Greshakei. Long story short I got her and took her home. I then made an egg tumbler out of pantyhose, rubber bands, and sponge filter parts. I stripped her of the 13 eggs and put her in a large hang-on breeder box, and the eggs in a tumbler. What a night!

P.S.- I am planning on five more M. Greshakei to make a breeding group.

Sorry about flash on the first pic of the proud mama!

photo (14).JPG

photo (13).JPG

Last edited:

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Good luck raising the babies. I'd grow them out a bit before selling them, as if the female came from a mixed tank, you don't know for sure who the father is.