• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Driftwood locally?

I checked out Lucky Aquarium and Go Fish (Old Exotic Aquatics) in Rosedale today for driftwood and came up empty handed. Lucky had none and Go Fish wanted $100 bucks for 1 piece. Is this normal price these days?

I've seen some stuff listed online but the stuff you get is random and not guaranteed to be what's pictured. I'm looking for 3 pieces ( on stump with some roots and 2 other root sections for my 125. I'm not super picky but i have an idea. Anyone have suggestions?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
JLW JLW has some, he's in silver spring near Burtonsville. Chance he might bring some to BFD, but he might have too much other stuff to bring ,worth asking though .

I know gwapa will have some manzanita at BFD, it's more of a thin and branchy wood . Possibly more available at Sunday marketplace, but it's a crap shoot.

Search the marketplace of the forum , there may be others for sale, I know Beanie Seagus Beanie Seagus had some available.

As far as price goes, it's not too surprising, especially for retail. Generally cost is determined by weight and or size, and how interesting it looks . But you can generally find decent sized pieces for less if you're patient .

JLW JLW has some, he's in silver spring near Burtonsville. Chance he might bring some to BFD, but he might have too much other stuff to bring ,worth asking though .

I know gwapa will have some manzanita at BFD, it's more of a thin and branchy wood . Possibly more available at Sunday marketplace, but it's a crap shoot.

Search the marketplace of the forum , there may be others for sale, I know Beanie Seagus Beanie Seagus had some available.

As far as price goes, it's not too surprising, especially for retail. Generally cost is determined by weight and or size, and how interesting it looks . But you can generally find decent sized pieces for less if you're patient .

thanks for the nod, Yes i do still have some drift wood for sale. PM me your cell number and i'll text you some pics of what i have left.

~Ben

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
If you're coming to the BFD Marketplace Sunday, the GWAPA table will have some. Might be more aquascapy (i.e., branchy) than you're looking for.

Blaise