• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Downsizing My Fish Room - Variety of Fish Available - Frederick, MD

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Hey CCA:

Lots of things going on in life that unfortunately have kept me from being active in the club, and also are leading me to downsizing some of my tanks. I have fish available, most are cheap or free to a good home if you come pick them up. Here's what I've got:

Male a. maylandi - 5 available. Bought a group of juvies from Dave's and they all turned out to be male. Biggest is 4"+ and colored up. others are partially colored up. $5 each.
Male albino peacock - 1 available 4"+. Got the group in a CCA auction, I think from Jim Peck. Not sure of actual species. Free
Male a. ethylwynnae - 2 available. 3" +. Both are colored up, probably a little smaller than they should be but should put on some size quickly. These are the last from my breeders. Free
Mchenga conophoros - unsexed. Probably a female, as it lacks color. Originally from Dave's. Free.
Pekotia sabaji L-75 pleco - 5"+. Originally from Rapps 2 or 3 years ago. Gender unknown. $25.
Pterygoplichthys weberi - 6"+ Originally from Rachel's import years ago. Gender unknown. Free.
Mesoheros atromaculatus - Adult pair and spare female. Male is 9", female is 6". These are wild caught fish I got from Rapps 5-6 years ago. They have laid eggs several times but i have had no luck with eggs hatching. The spare female is separated and has some fin damage, but otherwise healthy. I really would like these to go to someone who appreciates what they are. Make an offer. Must go as a trio.
Vieja Maculicauta - Blackbelt cichlids. Group of 4 fish, largest is 8"+. Biggest is a male, not sure of other 3. I have them in too small of a tank to breed, but they are breeding size. Originally came from CCA auction. Free if you take all 4.
Cryptoheros cutteri 4" female. Came from Mike's cichlids at BFD. Free.
Amphilophus labiatus 'Zapterra Island' - Adult breeding pair. Wild caught from Rapps import several years ago. Male is orange (10"+), female is barred (7"). They spawn every 6 weeks or so. Make an offer.
Vieja Melanurus Lago Peten - Adult pair. Originally from Cichlids of the Americas. Male is 8-9", maybe bigger. Female is a little smaller. I've never had them breed, as they share a tank with the labiatus. Make an offer.

If you come by and get something, there may be other stuff that is available if you like it.

Eventually I'll put some tanks and equipment up for sale once some fish are sold and I can empty them out. Mostly smaller tanks will be available.

PM me if you are interested. I am home most evenings and weekends for pick up in Frederick. Please do not ask me to meet you somewhere to deliver a single free fish. It isn't happening.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Sorry to hear Jon, but definitely great stuff available. Hope life is just getting busy and priorities have just shifted at the moment.

Some stuff I'm tempted by, but I don't know when I could get to Frederick, and I should probably be letting stuff go too, not picking up more.

Good luck with everything and people can get some awesome fish! I've seen Jon's stuff before, always has great looking fish.

Roni Z

CCA Members
Hey CCA:

Lots of things going on in life that unfortunately have kept me from being active in the club, and also are leading me to downsizing some of my tanks. I have fish available, most are cheap or free to a good home if you come pick them up. Here's what I've got:

Male a. maylandi - 5 available. Bought a group of juvies from Dave's and they all turned out to be male. Biggest is 4"+ and colored up. others are partially colored up. $5 each.
Male albino peacock - 1 available 4"+. Got the group in a CCA auction, I think from Jim Peck. Not sure of actual species. Free
Male a. ethylwynnae - 2 available. 3" +. Both are colored up, probably a little smaller than they should be but should put on some size quickly. These are the last from my breeders. Free
Mchenga conophoros - unsexed. Probably a female, as it lacks color. Originally from Dave's. Free.
Pekotia sabaji L-75 pleco - 5"+. Originally from Rapps 2 or 3 years ago. Gender unknown. $25.
Pterygoplichthys weberi - 6"+ Originally from Rachel's import years ago. Gender unknown. Free.
Mesoheros atromaculatus - Adult pair and spare female. Male is 9", female is 6". These are wild caught fish I got from Rapps 5-6 years ago. They have laid eggs several times but i have had no luck with eggs hatching. The spare female is separated and has some fin damage, but otherwise healthy. I really would like these to go to someone who appreciates what they are. Make an offer. Must go as a trio.
Vieja Maculicauta - Blackbelt cichlids. Group of 4 fish, largest is 8"+. Biggest is a male, not sure of other 3. I have them in too small of a tank to breed, but they are breeding size. Originally came from CCA auction. Free if you take all 4.
Cryptoheros cutteri 4" female. Came from Mike's cichlids at BFD. Free.
Amphilophus labiatus 'Zapterra Island' - Adult breeding pair. Wild caught from Rapps import several years ago. Male is orange (10"+), female is barred (7"). They spawn every 6 weeks or so. Make an offer.
Vieja Melanurus Lago Peten - Adult pair. Originally from Cichlids of the Americas. Male is 8-9", maybe bigger. Female is a little smaller. I've never had them breed, as they share a tank with the labiatus. Make an offer.

If you come by and get something, there may be other stuff that is available if you like it.

Eventually I'll put some tanks and equipment up for sale once some fish are sold and I can empty them out. Mostly smaller tanks will be available.

PM me if you are interested. I am home most evenings and weekends for pick up in Frederick. Please do not ask me to meet you somewhere to deliver a single free fish. It isn't happening.
Hi
How do we connect to discuss your ad?
Thx
Ron

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Roni - send me a PM. As of right now, there is someone in line ahead of you for the ethywynnae and at least a Maylandi.

Roni Z

CCA Members
Hi Jon
I’m completely new to this.
What’s a PM?
I can drive over to you on Thurs, should you decide to move firwars
Thx

FishEggs

Hi Jon
I’m completely new to this.
What’s a PM?
I can drive over to you on Thurs, should you decide to move firwars
Thx
Since you are a new member you have to post a few more times before being able to start a private conversation. This is to protect against spam bots.