• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dont you just love that fresh water change feeling?

F8LBITE

Members
I just changed probably more than 50% water in my 125G and im just sitting back watching them cruise back and forth. I know they're loving it and so am I.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I actually love the smell of the new water, kinda of when you walk into Scales. WOW!

That's how my basement smells. Kinda of like an Aquatic Marina or something.

Man, the smell is awesome...incredible.;)))

RM

maddog10

Members
I did 25% water changes in all my tanks yesterday. Takes about 4 hours start to finish. Fish do love it!

iamzrad

Members
Ew, smell of new water? Didn't know water had an odor lol.
I think what you are smelling is ammonia and methane (that unique smell at any aquarium place, i.e., Baltimore Aquarium)

I hate that smell. I think Exotic and House of Tropics has the worst smell ever.
My tank's water never smells like anything, no odor whatsoever.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
yes i love to see them swimming and exploring after a wc it is all worth the effort once you get done. most especially when they spawn right afterwards! :D

I feel like I am always doing water changes. I def. love how excited the fish are after the water changes.

F8LBITEva did you get male yellow peacocks from craby at the meeting? I went and got some Julidochromis from him and I picked up a female peacock holding fry and I stripped her when I got home and I have over 30 fry. I was wondering if you had the dad of the fry? I know that the males were incredible looking. I can not wait for these fry to grow up.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
We'll if you've ever been to Scales you can actually smell the pristine water in the air and that's because they have so many tanks.

Just like Scales, If you haven't been to my house I have over 30 tanks in the basement. So when all the water in every tank has been cleaned the air smells of pristine water. It really smells great. I guess some of you only have 3-10 tanks so the amount of gallons of water isn't significant enough.

It's kind of like enjoying the smell of Home Depot and all the new wood products. Ya know what I mean...

Anyways, that's what I meant.:D;)

RM

It's kind of like enjoying the smell of Home Depot and all the new wood products. Ya know what I mean...

Anyways, that's what I meant.:D;)

RM
I know what you mean. They should build a home depot/aquarim depot, that would be the bombshizzle. I would be there like everyday.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Once the DIY (do it yourself) bug hits you...you'll look at everything at HD, Lowes, and the Dollar store in a new way...hmmm....I'll bet I could make a filter out of that!

The clean water smell in my fishroom is usually accented with a little Melafix. I spilled some on myself a couple of weeks ago and my wife told me that my new deodorant smells funny. I told her it was Melafix and she just rolled her eyes...

I know what you mean. They should build a home depot/aquarim depot, that would be the bombshizzle. I would be there like everyday.

iamzrad

Members

Ouch, that font was hurting me.

But yes, glad I am not the only one.
Also when someone just mowed their grass on a warm spring day, euphoria. :)

rsanz

monster tank newbie
Yep, it's a great feeling. Except for those damnable micro-bubbles that always form on my glass. Better the day after the WC. :)