• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Donation Tank For A Classroom

jonclark96

Past CCA President
CCA

I am looking for a tank donation for a teacher at our local elementary school. He's a great teacher and does a lesson each year about local wildlife and agriculture. He has a connection to get blue gill, and for the past several years he has been trying to cram them into a 20 gallon tank. I've been trying to get him to upgrade, but so far the best he has Coke up with is a 26 bow front. Better, but not sustainable long term.

If anyone has something larger that they could give up to a good cause, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jon

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lkelly

Members
CCA
I am looking for a tank donation for a teacher at our local elementary school. He's a great teacher and does a lesson each year about local wildlife and agriculture. He has a connection to get blue gill, and for the past several years he has been trying to cram them into a 20 gallon tank. I've been trying to get him to upgrade, but so far the best he has Coke up with is a 26 bow front. Better, but not sustainable long term.

Maybe he could afford a bigger tank if not for that coke habit.

Best of luck - I'm sure somebody will come through in the area.

gtavc1990

Members
If he can't get a full setup we can have people donate certain items at a time until he has a complete one. I have extra air pump and penguin biowheel filters.

F8LBITE

Members
Is the dollar per gallon sale going on now? I'd be willing to donate $25 towards a 55G or something like that.

JLW

CCA Members
Jon,

A lot of the time, when I upgrade someone's filter, or lights, or whatever, I take the old stuff with me. It sits in my hoard of aquarium gear pretty much for this reason.

I have a 55-gallon that is currently not being used. (I'll trade it for Arlene's 75! :p Kidding). No stand, but I bet we can come up with one or make him one pretty easily.

I've got a spare Eheim canister filter, gravel, heater, and possibly a LED light (if not, I know I have a fluorescent light). The only thing he'd need would be chemicals, cleaning supplies, fish food, and decorations -- and frankly, you can dig through the pile of rock and driftwood and take whatever you need for it. All of this could also be used on the 75-gallon.

Becca

Members
If you did a 75, I think (*think*) I still have some floating plants like water hyacinth and water lettuce that could provide shade. I definitely have hornwort and lots of Valisneria to spare. All should grow well as long as they can reach the surface..

Let me know if you want me to bring some on Saturday.

Becca

Members
Oh, I also have a big bin of mixed PFS and pea gravel substrate - very natural looking. Probably enough for a 75 (it's about half of what was once in a 150).

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Joshua - If you are willing to donate the 55, I have a stand that I had for sale that I can add in. Any chance you can bring it to the meeting on Saturday?

Becca - Floating plants would be great! Again, if you can bring on Saturday, I'll coordinate getting the stuff to the teacher.

Thanks so much!

Becca

Members
Joshua - If you are willing to donate the 55, I have a stand that I had for sale that I can add in. Any chance you can bring it to the meeting on Saturday?

Becca - Floating plants would be great! Again, if you can bring on Saturday, I'll coordinate getting the stuff to the teacher.

Thanks so much!

Ok. If you want the substrate, you have to pick it up. Jeremy hurt his back and I'm unable to get it into my car. We aren't that far from you, though.

I may be able to give you some glass lids for a 55 on Saturday... I have to see what's in the stuff Damian sent me.

JLW

CCA Members
I will bring it all to the meeting for you. Let me tally up what I've got this afternoon, and we'll see what else is needed!

JLW

CCA Members
Tank, 55-G
Eheim Classic 600 -- needs biological media (bioballs, cocoa puffs, cylinders, etc).
200 WT Heater
Twin Tube 32WT fluorescent light -- needs a timer.
Gravel, fine white and black (not super pretty, but it's fine, so the bluegill can dig redds)
Buncha rocks and driftwood

Few other needs:
Background?
Plastic plants?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I've got the stand covered. I don't know about layout in the classroom and whether a background is needed or not. I've also got media for the canister that I will donate to the cause.

You rock!