• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dollar Store Silk Plant - Safe?

dogofwar

CCA Members
So I've had a few silk plants from the Dollar store in my fishroom for some time. They don't have any metal - only plastic and silk... and they look pretty nice (kind of like ivy).

Anyone else use these?

I could test it on a fish but wanted to see if anyone already uses them...

I'll post a picture when I get a chance...

Thanks,
Matt

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I CONCUR DANGERS PLANTS LOOK REALLY NICE. VERY REALISTIC AND THE FISH REALLY ENJOY IT.

STARDATE 1.17.2010
Captains log

AFTER SEEING SILK PLANTS IN VARIOUS SET UPS I FEEL IT MAY BE A GREAT TOOL IN AQUASCAPING ON FUTURE PROJECTS. MAKE A POINT TO CHECK. AREA STORES FOR. VARIETIES AND COSTS.

dogofwar

CCA Members
At the dollar store they're .... A dollar ;)

they had small flowerpots for 3/$1 yesterday as well ... Same
price for jars of gerber baby food (bought 160 in preparation for the twins)...

Matt

mrkillie

Members
I've used these in the past, but not anymore.-just because over the years of picking up used setups people would throw in lots of stuff, including lots of plastic aquarium plants. I've even used the ones with metal-I just dipped the exposed end in a tube of silicon sealer and let it cure before using.

Jumbie

Members
STARDATE 1.17.2010
Captains log

AFTER SEEING SILK PLANTS IN VARIOUS SET UPS I FEEL IT MAY BE A GREAT TOOL IN AQUASCAPING ON FUTURE PROJECTS. MAKE A POINT TO CHECK. AREA STORES FOR. VARIETIES AND COSTS.

LMAO that was funny bro lol! I bought some fake plants from Michaels (The arts and craft store) I love them really makes the tank look realistic. I only wish I had purchased them for a $1 like you.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
LMAO that was funny bro lol! I bought some fake plants from Michaels (The arts and craft store) I love them really makes the tank look realistic. I only wish I had purchased them for a $1 like you.
I NEVER SEE THEM FOR A DOLLAR AT THE DOLLAR STORE HERE BUT IMMA LOOKIN NOW. IM GLAD HE LET US KNOW OF THE $$ SAVER

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I checked them out a while ago at Michaels and even the ones on sale were too much $$$$. I'm gonna start checking out the dollar stores. Thanks for the tip! :D

BTW, what is H-Mart?

Jumbie

Members
I checked them out a while ago at Michaels and even the ones on sale were too much $$$$. I'm gonna start checking out the dollar stores. Thanks for the tip! :D

BTW, what is H-Mart?

Yeah they really do coast way too much, but they have a day out of the week (can't remember which one) were they have 50% off all artificial plant decoration. Call ahead and ask what day they have their sale on there artificial decoration. The pieces I got look very real and cool, but the dollar store would be cheaper, the cheapest one I got was $2.

minifoot77

Members
be nice jen danger nugget has a really nice planted tank. its the ones that have real cichlids in them that the plants die/ get eaten :)