• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Does anyone have snow white socolofi's????

rich_one

Members
Not trying to be anal, but socolofi (as well as multies, referred to in another thread in this forum), are Old World Cichlids... not New World Cichlids.

Just sayin'... might want to post in the correct forum, for higher visibility of those in the know about your specific fish.

-Rich

jonclark96

Past CCA President
There are new world socofoli from the thorichthys genus. I've never kept them but suspect they are similar to other thorichthys. Juan Miguel talked about them when he came a few years ago. I think they are particularly intolerant of poor water quality.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
The person mentioned snow white socofoli, which is generally a trade name for the mbuna albino Pseudotropheus socofoli. Don't think a firemouth type would be referred to as snow white.

If it is the mbuna type, typical mbuna rules; overcrowded, plenty of rocks, 75g+ ideal, 2M/4F ratio or higher.