• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Do you have to be paid member to attend meetings?

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. But you need to be a paid member to participate in some of the specials run by the club, and it's only $20/year.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Come check out a meeting and see if it is something that interests you. Most folks to attend meetings end up becoming members. The club is a great group of folks.

In addition to the group buys Abby mentioned above, membership also provides the ability to sell items in the monthly club auction (you don't have to be a member to be a buyer) as well as discounts to vendors on a periodic basis and at House of Tropicals.

SO what is the discount at House of Tropicals?

Also, if i'm trying to participate in the auction, how do i do so? What are the rules? Thanks!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
HOT discount has been 10% on livestock. You need a membership card to get the discount.

There is a sticky on the forum with the auction rules, including what lots are okay and what aren't (typically we don't want opened containers of food, chemicals, etc. or fish that are too small to properly identify) as well as how the pay out splits are calculated. Items for sale need to be registered at Mygroupauctions.com.

How do i get a membership card?

Do we get any other perks at other LFS's?

Thanks for the thread. I read through that. One question i have is, what if an item only sells for $2.00. Does the club just take all the $2.00?

Also, is the rule, the first $2.00 plus 20% of everything else, or, first $2.00 plus 20% of the total?

For example. For an item sold for $10.00. Does the club take $4.00 (the first $2.00 + 20% of $10 which is $2.00) or, does it take $3.60 (the first $2.00 + 20% of $8 which is $1.60)

Thanks!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
The split is $2 plus 20% of the total selling price, as outlined in your first example.

Batfish Aquatics will often have discounts available to CCA members, especially on pre-orders that are delivered to a meeting or at various times during the year. There really aren't too many other LFS around.