• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dissapointment

Face021

Members
Well a week out for The Big Fish Deal and my dad shattered his foot by dropping a thousand pound roll of tape on it. I was really looking forward to going however also have to hang around to help if he needs it. I've had hotel and registration forever. Am I able to transfer my registration to someone that was unable to get one? Not to worried about getting any money back on such short notice just would like to help out.

On a new fish development note my angels I had in a 35 Hex tank went wild and killed most of their tank mates. Given they are both fairly large I am trying them out in my 75 gallon cichlid tank. I was really worried however going on five days and I actually see more aggressive activity out of the angels. Has anyone tired this before?

Face021

Members
Forgot to mention, my dad is the reason I started in fish, we always make this trip together. I didn't want to go without him

Face021

Members
Thanks for the PM, and thanks for the thought about my dad. He's okay, at first we thought he was gonna lose half his foot; but he got very lucky and is just out of work for 6 weeks. I did find it odd that his foot flattened so much the skin just slip open and the doctor says no stitches.

FishEggs

You can rent a wheel chair for the weekend and maybe get the hotel to switch you to a handicap accessible room?

lkelly

Members
Best of luck on his recovery. My father nearly lost some fingers a few years ago reaching into a leaf/stick grinder that he thought was off. What a scary moment especially since my kids (his grandkids) were nearby.

As an aside, I am morbidly intrigued about what a bone crushing thousand pound roll of tape looks like. It almost sounds like something that Clark Griswold would make a 3 hour detour to see.

Once again, here's to a speedy recovery!

Face021

Members
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. I was trying to see if we could do a handicapped accessible trip; however with doctors visits and PT underway it makes logistics a little messy with how he is feeling. They are expecting him to be walking and in shoes by Easter.

lKelly; the roll of tape is actually unimpressive. It's longer than you may imagine which takes away from the thought of the actual weight. Unless your wondering on his foot.. it is very gruesome.