• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Discus for the Bday!

Jumbie

Members
I have had some Discus in the past and to be honest I really started to miss them with all of these posts with pictures. So I saved some money and bought a few discus form Hans this after noon:D. It was my first time meeting Hans and he is a great guy, we talked for a few hours about fish and before I knew it it was time to go. I got a pair of Silver Pigeon x Snake Skin and four Silver Pigeons. He convinced me to come back and get a few other species that I really liked lol. Kevin will take some pictures for me after the meeting on Saturday so I will post them after that.

Jumbie

Members
Jumbie, Congratulations.

Would you say Hans had some Discus in stock?

lol

No I didn't see any Discus lol.... That’s great your fish have spawned. How big are your discus now, and do you have any recent pictures you could post?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I would think it would be more on age rather than size.
I think I stunted them some. They are about
4 1/2 - 5 inches I would guess? Its one of the larger ones and a smaller one. I am not pulling any eggs though. They will become rummy nose food if they hatch out. The last ones disappeared overnight.

rich_one

Members
HAHA! happy bday, man, and congrats! I'll be visiting Hans myself later this summer! post some pics!

-Rich

Link

Members
Was talking to Hans when you (Jumbie) were picking out fish; He was saying when they aren't full grown it is hard work raising the Fry and they don't grow as well. So when they're 4.5 inches and lay eggs he doesn't even bother because it will stunt their growth and isn't ideal for them. :happy0144:

Discus are always great to have. I think I'll save up and treat myself for Christmas this year. Setup a discus only tank with some dithers and few live plants. Definitely would like to get some discus from Hans!

Gerard