• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Did you know about the Fish Show in July?

mscichlid

Founder
You guys know that CCA has to have at least 100 fish in the ACA show.
Has anyone considered or already sorted out which cichlid you plan on entering?

I'm hoping to get my altum in shape by then, but I'm shopping for a back up or two.

Hey, what if all of us entered JD's? j/k

But seriously folks....

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Good point.
Yes some people from out of state may bring fish but the bulk of the fish are from the
members of the club.
We need a big showing.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
You guys know that CCA has to have at least 100 fish in the ACA show.
Has anyone considered or already sorted out which cichlid you plan on entering?

I'm hoping to get my altum in shape by then, but I'm shopping for a back up or two.

Hey, what if all of us entered JD's? j/k

But seriously folks....

Between Lively and myself, would fill the show with 20+ JD/EBJD :lol:
I've never put fish into a show before but I have a few I'd consider if I can get some size on them by July.

Lively

Members
Between Lively and myself, would fill the show with 20+ JD/EBJD :lol:
I've never put fish into a show before but I have a few I'd consider if I can get some size on them by July.

ROFL! That we would!

I'd consider putting my Blue in... except I really dislike breaking up a mated pair. Maybe if I have a successful spawn or two I'll do it :)

mdlnewman

Members
I'm thinking my sexy midget sized Gold occie likes showing off and maybe my male goby.

I have no idea what I'm doing though so point me to info.

chris_todd

Members
I've been considering putting in our Tangerine Discus, just so Hans doesn't have to compete against himself. :) I know I'll lose, of course, and it makes me a little nervous to bring a prized fish... Will the tanks have glass tops?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
usually not.
People put plastic wrap over them or
I have my own clear covers that I put on my tanks if I remember them.

STATMATT

Members
I don't mind entering mine. Not really competeitive, but at least to have a showing. I've never done it before. but here's my hicup. I'm going to be out of town FRI/SAT for a Motorcycle Event. The awards (for the Motorcycle event) are done saturday afternoon so I figure I'll get back to town around Saturday at 2:00. Will I be able to do this or do I have to be there every-day?

STATMATT

longstocking

Members
You can drop them off before you leave.... and pick them up after. I think the pick-up will be Sunday morning or late Saturday night.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Not sure of the schedule for this year but usually fish need to be removed from the show floor by Sunday AM...

That said, I personally wouldn't drop off my show fish on Thurs / Fri and leave them until Sat afternoon. Big fish in small tanks like lots of water changes...and a lot can go wrong in a short amount of time. Or maybe I'm just a nervous nelly!

Matt

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
While we will be busy, there should be time to put fish in the show.
I hope to put some in.

Also as to putting them in and not being there?
Yes, you can put them in on Thursday (possibly Wed pm) and yes the removing the fish will be Sunday morning.
I would pick a bud that will be there to keep an eye? Just to check once in a while.