• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Deep Blue Light Fixture

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I have the 36T5no or HE version. I am very happy. It comes with waterproof sockets too. The LED are a constant on but the bulbs have independent switches. The lights drown out the LED's when they are on.

Wblaze

Members
That is a beautiful light. I bought one from tropical lagoon for about $40 more than that but returned it because I I'd not like the always on moonlights. Now I am regretting it and Steve is going to order me one. I figure I can turn the always on LEDs off at night by using a timer. The amazon price is great but in this case I am going to support my LFS. Since Jim closed up there are so few left

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I have four deep blue fixtures of various size. All are the ho version. I was not pleased with the ways the bulbs looked so I swapped them out but the fixture is great for the cost.

londonloco

Members
Thanks all, done, I've ordered the fixture. I should have it by 2/1. Now I need substrate (white-PFS or black-BD blasting sand?), rocks (trip to stone center) and fish....I love setting up new tanks! Thanks again.

verbal

CCA Members
Thanks all, done, I've ordered the fixture. I should have it by 2/1. Now I need substrate (white-PFS or black-BD blasting sand?), rocks (trip to stone center) and fish....I love setting up new tanks! Thanks again.

Where do you go for rocks?

londonloco

Members
I buy my rocks at the Stone Center in Manassas, Va. They charged me $6.45 for all the boulders in my 125g. I do have a stream behind me (I live in the woods), but around here, we mostly have tan colored quartz rock. I like a darker colored rock with PFS.

londonloco

Members
I have four deep blue fixtures of various size. All are the ho version. I was not pleased with the ways the bulbs looked so I swapped them out but the fixture is great for the cost.

I might swap out the actinic, which bulbs did you buy? where did you get them?

Wblaze

Members
I love the look of the pool filter sand, but my mbuna are digging and moving it like crazy. Just curious -- why swap out the actinic?

londonloco

Members
I'm not a fan of blue blue light. I bought my 125g off of CL, it came with a 50/50 cf fixture. The light was way blue, not to my liking. When I had my reef set up, I did like 14K HQI's tho, which has a bluer tint to it, but nothing like that 50/50 bulb. It's just personal preference.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I might swap out the actinic, which bulbs did you buy? where did you get them?

I am using a few different bulbs. On my planted tank, I use the FloraSun and UltraSun bulbs from Zoomed. On my 75g, I use Hagen Power glo and Aqua glo bulbs. On my 54c, I use one Coralife 10k and one Zoomed ReefSun bulb.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I love the look of the pool filter sand, but my mbuna are digging and moving it like crazy. Just curious -- why swap out the actinic?

The Deep Blue brand actinic bulb (at least in the HO fixtures) gives off a fuzzy purple/blue light. Many people do not like this "actinic" look and swap out for other actinic brands.

londonloco

Members
I use 6500K and pink grow bulbs in all my tanks....they all have plants in them. I like the look. I need to order a few bulbs, where does everyone get their NO bulbs?