• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Debating selling everything, wondering what a reasonable value would be.

abcdefghi

Members
In a few months time, due to some upcoming changes around the house, the room my 125G is in is likely getting changed where instead of being in there 5 days a week, I'll likely not be in there at all meaning I won't really get to enjoy the tank a whole lot. Realistically, there is nowhere else in the house I can move the tank.

Because of all of this, I am debating, at least temporarily, getting out. I'll certainly miss having a tank, but at the same time, if I am not able to actually enjoy it, then not much use keeping it around. I'd be looking to sell the entire thing in one go. What I would be selling is:

125G tank - the glass is pretty scratched up, not noticeable once it is clean and full of water. But, it's scratched.
DIY stand - meh, probably worth not much, although with todays lumber pricing, who knows
Eheim 2217 filter
Sunsun HW304 filter
Heaters of unknown variety (just because I cannot remember the brand).
A bunch of live plants
4 x Zebra Angelfish
6 x Clown Loaches
16 or so Rummy Nose Tetra
3 or 4 other random tetras from larger groups that died off over time
2 x BN Pleco
All the snails one could want

I've also got a Python, net, scraper, just some other random pieces gathered over time. Plant fertilizers, food etc.

While I am not yet decided on selling it, I feel like it is something that if I do sell, I'll miss it and want to buy another, but at the same time, I am giving some thought to selling where it may be time. Am I being unreasonable if I were to ask $350 for all of it? I'd certainly want the fish, especially the Angels, to go to someone who will care for them. Really, I would want all the fish to go to a good home, but, especially the angels.

Thoughts? If I do sell, I'll open a proper classified and take a bunch of pictures. Just trying to get an idea of what it would be worth currently.