• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

DAPHNIA & FISH FS delivered to Nov 10, 2018 CCA meeting

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
FOR SALE: Daphnia and other live food cultures plus various home-grown fish I can deliver to the next CCA meeting Saturday NOV 10, 2018.

DAPHNIA $5 a bag

MICROWORM culture in a plastic food-storage box $5
MICROWORM starter (1 tablespoon of a going culture) is free to any CCA member, just ask for the microworm starter.

VINEGAR EEL culture $5 (one pint) with collecting sponge in a food storage box. Ask for instructions if you need them.

Rotifer culture starter is free to any PVAS member, just ask for rotifer starter. Cultures are $5 a quart and will be placed in a fish bag. Let me know if you need culturing information.

Red Cherry shrimp (Neocaridina Davidi (Heteropoda) $2 each or 10 for $15

All fish and cultures are home grown, fish and shrimp are tank raised.
Order in this thread, preferred, or PM me, please.

Orange australe killifish $12 a pair

Epiplaty annulatus (Rocket killie) $10 a pair

Corydoras oiapoquensis $8 each

Corydoras paleatus (pepper corys) $5 each
Corydoras pygmaeus (pygmy cory catfish) $5 each
Corydoras sterbai (Sterba's cory) the one with the orange pectoral fins $8 each

Corydoras weitzmani (Weitzman's cory) $8 each
Corydoras aeneus (Bronze cory) $4 each

Dumbo-eared firecracker guppies $15 for trio (1M 2F or 2M 1F)

Yellow half-black delta-tail guppies $15 for a trio (1M 2F or 2M 1F)

Xiphophorus helleri (black velvet or Moscow black swordtails) $14 for trio (1M 2F)
Xiphophorus helleri (red velvet swordtails) $12 for trio (1M 2F)

Xiphophorus maculatus (blue wag AKA platinum blue platy) $6 for trio (1M @F)
Xiphophorus maculatus (red wag platy) $6 for trio (1M 2F)Long-finned zebra danios $2 each

BN albino small $3

BN yellow blue-eyed ancistrus (AKA L144) $10 each

BN albino adult $6
BN spotted/brown adult $6

BN yellow blue-eyed (AKA L-144) $8 each

L183 BN also known as the Starlight Bristlenose Catfish or Dolly Pleco -- 1 to 3 inch $20 each. These are the ones shown in the picture below with the white edging to the dorsal and caudal fins in both juvies and adults.

L-183.jpg

Spotted%20blue-eyed%20group.jpg

Pseudomugil gertrudae [pictured above](spotted blue-eyed rainbow) $10 a pair

Melanotaenia parva (Red orange rainbowfish) $18 a pair

German blue rams $7 each $14 pair

Electric blue rams $11 each $22 pair

Pseudotropheus demasoni (dark blue and white verticle striped mbuna) $5 each for 2 to 3 inch fish

Labidochromis caeruleus (yellow labs) young fishover 2 inches $5 each

Labeotropheus fuelleborni young fish over 2" $5 each

Pterophyllum scalare (black lace angelfish) adults $7 each
Pterophyllum scalare (red koi angelfish) adults $8 each

Pterophyllum scalare (silver angelfish) large adults $5 each

SYNODONTIS PETRICOLA young over 1.5 inch $5 each

Tricogaster trichopterus (opaline gourami) $4 each

Elassoma gilberti (gold coast pygmy sunfish) $25 pair

All fish are home grown, tank raised.

Order in this thread, preferred, or PM me, please.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Yes, I plan on bringing a selection of bags of many of the fish and cultures I have and put them on the table. We will see what happens.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Great! Glad to hear, just wasn't sure since there wasn't anything listed on the 'sign-up' thread. If you could just put a simple comment on that thread it'd be appreciated, you can paste a link to this page if you want. It'll just be good to have a central list of who will be selling at a table, even if there's nothing specific listed.

jstlstn

Members
Frank can I have three bags of daphnia. Would the melantoaenia parve work in a tank of pencil fish and green laser cories. Are they jumpers as my planted tank is uncovered that may be an issue.

Smsts9999

Hello Frank, I am new here and was waiting for you to place your monthly meeting sale page to come up! This will be my first meeting and I would really like to purchase 3 female german blue rams if you have them. Could you please let me know if you can?
Thank you very much!
Nam

Wobblebonk

CCA Members
Can you put me down for 3 bags of daphnia and 1 vinegar eel culture? Or I can just buy them from the table, but just to make sure you bring enough if you have it available...

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
Hey Frank, I was thinking about trying to start a colony of Daphnia but Im not sure how many to get?

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
One is enough to start a 5-gallon tank and it would take a week to double or triple, two makes it more likely to be successful. And if you are starting something bigger, it is just math and time. In truth, you could start a 1 acre pond with a bag of daphnia, though it might take a while and assuming there are no fish in the pond eating the daphnia.

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
One is enough to start a 5-gallon tank and it would take a week to double or triple, two makes it more likely to be successful. And if you are starting something bigger, it is just math and time. In truth, you could start a 1 acre pond with a bag of daphnia, though it might take a while and assuming there are no fish in the pond eating the daphnia.
okay great. Ill take 3 bags, if available.