• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cynotilapia hara's holding

lt dan

Members
I have four hara's holding and have two tanks set up, this is their first time, so I want to let them spit on their own, can I put two in each ten gallon or will they fight each other?

Sent from my C5215 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lt dan

Members
I have one breeder net, was advised by many to go ahead and strip them, I will post updates, wish me luck lol

daninmd

Members
Haras have to be the slowest growing fry I have ever had. I usually strip the mom around 19-20 days and the fry are free swimming and most of the egg sack is gone. strip them into a breeders net. if the breeder net is in a tank with other fish, make sure to put a layer of sand along the bottom. if not, the large fish will eat the fry thru the netting.

lt dan

Members
I thought my Sweden's are the slowest growing lol, thanks for the tip with the sand, I was weighed about them chewing through :)

HoleyRockofTex

CCA Members
Haras have to be the slowest growing fry I have ever had. I usually strip the mom around 19-20 days and the fry are free swimming and most of the egg sack is gone. strip them into a breeders net. if the breeder net is in a tank with other fish, make sure to put a layer of sand along the bottom. if not, the large fish will eat the fry thru the netting.

From my experience that are not bad however albino afra cobue and white labs are just like watching plants grow in the winter.