• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cyathopharynx foai featherfins & eye problems

todda

Members
I have had eye problems with every group of Cyathopharynx foai I have had from chasing each other during spawning. What medications have people used when they get clouldy/bulging eye? I have used salt, melafix and it doesn't really seem to be helping much. Should I use a secondary fungus or parasite medication for the eye? If so, which one? any thoughts? please help!

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Any pictures?

A massive water change followed by daily doses of Melafix to gradually increase concentration (per instructions on bottle) has yet to fail me/my fish for eye issues like you describe. If you've already done that and it still hasn't worked, clearly you'll need something stronger - someone else will have to tell you what that may be. Luck.

todda

Members
melafix daily? I had only been using it when I change water on the weekends. Full dose for a 70 gallon each day? How many days do you usually treat in a row?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
When all else fails...

Per instructions on bottle - Disease or wound treatment: Dose daily for 7 days.

That should do it.